The 'Feast'

Faye was shown to her room. It was nice. Nothing too breathtaking. She heard two knocks on her door. "Yes?"

The door opened. "Faye! Faye!" Giddian ran in to his sister, who swooped him up and span around before placing the sweet boy on the floor. "What is it, my little knight?"

"We've been invited to the feast, tonight!" He beamed. Faye laughed and sat the child onto her lap.

"Its simply dinner with the king and his family, not a feast. Not fit for a child! You must behave so well and trick them into think you're my age!" The boy laughed and sat up straight as a spear "Go on, now"

Her brother was a dear boy who would say anything to make himself look like a knight. That seemed to be his only goal. Giddian stood back up and let Faye move his curls around before heading out of the room with his lady nurse.

~Meanwhile~

Joffrey sat in court as more and more commoners came forward with their opinions and problems. They didn't realise that he didn't care about the people, he was ready to retire. Though, as he sat slumped in the throne, all the prince could think about was the planned dinner with the Pennyworth family later.

He was thinking about that girl again. He got the same rush the first time he saw Sansa and Margery. Margery, his betrothed. Boring.

"Joff" his mother snapped him out of his dream like state.

"What?" He snapped.

"I know what you're thinking. And no" she said, continuing to face forward. Looking stern.

"What are you talking about now?"

"The girl. Leave the girl alone. You have your betrothed, can't you pay attention to her? We can't have you taking fancy to another before your wedding!" She smiled with serious words. Cersei was a smart woman but as he grew older, she found it harder and harder to keep her little boy.

"I'll do as I please, i-"

"You're the king. Yes. I know. I was there at your coronation, I was at your ten and sixth year, I was there when you were born. I know."

"Then respect me" he hissed before leaving the throne room "Grandfather, finish up here, I'm retiring" he scuttled away. With interrupted thoughts on his mind.

~~~Back to our protagonist~~~

Faye opened her door and checked the halls. Empty. No mother or father. She could run, explore and go anywhere she pleased. But just as she turned right, down the hall.

"Lady Pennyworth!"

"Your grace"

"Where were you going?"

"I-i was just l-looking for um the uh gard-ens?" She lied. Sort of. She did want to see the gardens eventually.

"May I show you the way Lady Pennyworth?" He offered his arm.

"Faye" she said quickly, without thinking. "Lady Pennyworth' is my mother in my own mind, please, call me Faye"

"Very well. Then you will call me Joffrey. It is only fair. Come" he stood with his arm out like a chicken. What little brat. 'Make an excuse, Faye, come on!' She thought.

"I really should get back to my room and get ready for tonight" she made accuses poorly but tried nonetheless.

"Are you sure? We have a few hours" he definitely was persistent.

"No no, women require a little longer to ready themselves, you see" she began to back away.

"I see" He said, disappointed. Though he had other opportunities. "I shall look for you at dinner, Faye!" He called to her.

"Yes, your grace" she nodded.

"Joffrey" he corrected her.

"Joffrey" Faye repeated to him before turning and dashing off back to her chambers. 'I really hope he was just being polite' she sighed.