Dick Grayson

Nightwing's POV
I was in my room packing my bags, rushing to leave this mansion. After seven years of dealing with rules and comparison, I couldn't take it anymore. Always having to follow Batman sometimes questionable way of doing things without having a say in the matter is so annoying! Also, being called Batman's sidekick instead of my name bothers the hell out of me! And now, I'm finally done.

This first came about a week ago.me and Bruce had got a tip on a guy who had information on a mafia boss name Tony Zucco. If you hadn't guessed, this guy was the one who killed my parents in the circus when I was only ten. So, you could say I have a vendetta against the guy, along with Bruce. We went to the guy who had the information, and Batman started violently interrogating him in front of his wife and young son. I tried to stop him, but he said "Quiet Robin! I call the shots here! As soon as he talk, we'll leave!" and it hit me. He calls the shot. He's always called the shots. I'm seventeen for God's sake I'm more than capable to run my own life and career in heroism. Which led to what I'm doing today.

"Master Dick." I heard from behind me, and turned to see my butler Alfred Pennyworth. "Are you sure you wish to do this? Is there nothing you and Bruce can do to settle this dispute?" he asked, trying to make me reconsider my decision, but my mind is made up. "Sorry Alfred. You can't talk me out of this one." I said and he sighed "Very well." Alfred said sadly, and walked away. A few minutes later, there is another knock on my door "Look Alfred, you can't talk me out of-" and I finally turned around to see my younger brother, Jason Todd. "Oh, sorry bro." I said, and he looked sad as well "Are you ever coming back?" he asked, and I didn't know to say at first. "You know. I don't know to be honest." I said, and the look on his face just ate me up. I then walked over and out my hand on his shoulder "Listen bro, don't be sad okay. You know I wouldn't just leave without giving you a little gift. When I leave, the Robin suit is yours. I know Alfred and I have been training you so you can be ready to become Robin, well now it's your time. Enjoy it." I explained, and he smiled and hugged me. "Thank you bro! I promise I won't let you down!" Jason exclaimed very excitedly and left. Well, at least I made one person day better. Chalk one up for me.

My bags were packed and now its time to leave. As I am going out the door. I look at my side to see Bruce giving me his usual cold stare. I just walked out, knowing I never have to deal with this again. As I got on my motorcycle and road off, something suddenly urged me to go to San Francisco. I don't know why, but that's where I'm going.