Chapter 1

Anna's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

"Don't wake me up up up up up up

Don't wake me up up up up up up

Don't wake me up

Don't wake me" The music blared out.

Ironic, right? My alarm basically telling me not to wake up by waking me up. Anyways it's ten in the morning.

I flipped my covers off me and got out of bed. I undressed myself and got in the shower. It's just another day heading off to work. After summer is done I don't have to work as much hours thank god.

I went into the living room dressed in my uniform. Khaki pants with a gray shirt. It's horrid! My name is printed on the left side of my shirt. Elka was already in the living room when I walked in. She had uniform too. It was much better looking than mine though. Black pants and any shoe brand shirt. Like for example, today she is wearing a shirt that says vans off the wall.

"You ready?" I asked her.

"Yeah... but are you sure you don't want breakfast?" She asked. Breakfast gives me a queasy feeling I don't like, so I don't usually eat breakfast. I guess it's just too early for me to eat.

"Yes I'm sure. Ya healthy freak" I laughed.

"Hey! There is nothing wrong with being healthy" She said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" She lectured me.

"I know, I know. Now lets go before we miss the shuttle!" I grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out of the apartment.

---

"Okay bye see you later" Elka said as she gave me a hug.

"Bye" I said as we made our way to work. Our jobs were at the opposite side of the mall and her shift finishes earlier than mine.

I walked into the store. As I walked in I eyed all the sugary sweets. Curse our manager for not letting us eat some sweets during our shifts. It's pretty hard working here seeing all the sweets and not being able to eat 'em.

"Hey Anna!" My co-worker Joe said. Joe is a really cool guy. He is one of my good friends.

"Hey Joe!" I said. I went behind the counter and gave him a hug.

"Is it busy today?" I asked him.

"Nah" He said. His shift is over now. I don't wanna be alone.

"Bye Anna I'll see you tomorrow" He said, about to leave.

"Noooo" I whined.

"Stay with Anna. Pwetty pwease!" I said in a baby voice.

"I'll let you eat all the candy you want in my face" I fluttered my eyes and put my hands together as if begging.

"Fine" He huffed. He walked back towards me.

"Yay!" I screamed. He laughed.

"You're so awesome" I told him.

"I know right" He in a girlish tone and flipping his hair.

"Wait you didn't let me finish. I was about to say you're so awesome..to have a friend like me" I told him. He looked at me with an are you serious face and I burst out laughing.

"Whatever I'm still awesome" He flipped his hair.

"Stop flipping your hair or you are gonna get a brain ache or something" I said.