Chapter 40

Merry Christmas, or Christmas ever, wherever the hell you are in the world :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUIS!!! I miscounted the amount of chapters left in TOT. There will be one more chapter after this one and an epilogue but this is a really long chapter. The longest chapter I've ever written before.

Anna's POV

I sat down at the dinner table with the food in front of me. They have been treating me a lot better. I got to sleep on a bed like a person should sleep on the last two nights and I've been eating meals at tables. They don't tie me up anymore but, they still lock me up in a room.

"Why aren't you eating?" My mum asked me.

"And why do you care?" I said back harshly.

She dropped her spoon on her plate making it clatter. She stared at me and simply didn't push this any further.

"This is nice right? We're eating together, like a family" She smiled and grabbed her spoon.

I looked over to my left and saw Noah wink. I scoffed and looked down at my plate.

I picked up the spoon and dragged it to my mouth. I should be leaving today. My father told me today would be the day.

I haven't seen him at all today. He's been out 'running errands'. I just hope he wasn't lying to me.

"Dear, would you pass me the salt" Mum said to Noah.

He grabbed the salt and passed it to her.

I laughed.

"Doesn't it bother you?" I looked at her.

"He's the product of your husband's love affair and you act as if it's nothing. How could that not bother you?" I said.

"Why should that bother me? It's fine, it isn't his fault" She shrugged.

"I know it's not his fault. But you just forgive dad just like that? Yet you still came back to him?" I said.

"Noah sweetie, could you please take Anna to her room? I think she has had a long day" She said.

I pushed my chair back and stood up. Noah excused himself and he got up as well. He put a hand on my shoulder to guide me and I moved away.

"Don't touch me" I said.

He rolled his eyes and opened the door. I walked inside and switched the light switch on. The door shut but Noah was still inside.

"What are you doing? Get out" I said and sat down on the bed.

"I can't spend the rest of the night with my little sister?" He looked at me.

"First off, I'm older than you. Two, don't ever refer me to you as your sister" I said.

"You told me!" He said mockingly.

We sat in complete silence. I don't even want to be around him.

"Today is your last night here and then you'll be off with your pretty boy. I talked to him the other day" He said.

He got my attention when he mentioned Zayn.

"You talked to Zayn?" I looked at him.

"How'd you know I was talking about Zayn, I never said his name" He said.

I opened my mouth to say something but shut it. He said Zayn's name right? No. No he didn't. I miss him the most. I love all the other boys but, I've missed Zayn the most. His touch, his kindness towards me, just him in a matter of fact.

"You like him don't you" He said.

I looked up at him. He raised his eyebrows.

"He is my boyfriend" I answered.

I was kind of right. Through the contract he was still my boyfriend. What did management say when they knew I was missing. Did they even care? Is the contract still intact, or did they just break the contract?

"Cut the crap, I already know about the contract" He said.

"W-what contract?" I played.

He merely rolled his eyes and stood up.

"I know you like him, you aren't going to fool me" He said.

"It's a shame though..." He started and walked around me.

"Something bad can happen tonight, anything you know. You're pretty boy won't be so pretty anymore, if he tries anything" He said into my ear.

I gasped and I looked at him.

"Remember, better hope that he doesn't try anything" He said before he left the room.

I gulped.

Please don't try anything.

~~~~

"Get out right now!" My father yelled.

He'd just open the door and yelled at me. I winced and got off the bed. I walked out of the door and he covered my eyes.

"What? What are you doing?" I said as my hands went to my eyes.

"Shut up, you can't see where we are going?" He said.

"Oh right" I huffed.

He led me out of the house and into the car. He was really irritated and kept cursing under his breath as he was driving. Noah was in the back seat with me and suddenly there was a sharp turn and my face smashed against the front seat. I groaned and I heard Noah laughing.

"Why are we in such a hurry?" I asked.

"The faster we get rid of you the better, I just want the money" I heard my dad's voice.

I choked on my own spit.

"I thought you said money wasn't important" I said.

"That was bullshit. I obviously want the money. I don't give two shits about you. Once I get the money, fill free whatever the fuck you want to do in your life, because I honestly couldn't care less" He said.

I took off the thing that was covering my eyes.

"Motherfucker!" I screamed and lunged forward to attack him.

"Ahh what the hell, get off me!" He shrieked.

Noah immediately tried pulling me back and tried to stop from hitting my dad. I screamed and he almost lost control of the care. We weren't even going in a straight line.

"I hate you! I hate you both!" I screamed.

Noah was finally able to get me to the back seat again. I slapped him across his cheek and he got a hold of my hands and had a strong grip.

"Don't ever do that again" He said.

"Do you want us all killed?!" He screamed.

I didn't reply and I was breathing heavily. I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Let go of me asshole!" I yelled and tried to kick him away.

"I swear if you keep doing this, Zayn is going to get it. I promise, sweetheart. I never break a promise" He said.

I simmered down. I stopped fighting and tears rolled down my cheek. I pushed him away and crawled up in a ball so I could silently cry.

"Why are you crying, huh?" He teased.

"There's nothing to cry about" He added.

I looked up at him and he smirked. His playful smirk was irritating, annoying even. He's sick.

"You're lucky, I didn't lose complete control of the damn car" My father spoke.

"You're a crazy bitch just like your mother" He said.

Everything in the car was quiet. Nobody said anything else. We were slowing down and then we came to a stop. We were out in s field that was huge.

Noah got out and so did my dad and they locked the car. What the hell? I looked out through the window. I pounded my fists against the window. Noah looked back irritatedly and turned back around. He had his phone pressed to his ear and he was talking.

Next thing I knew I saw a car pull up. It must be the boys! The car stopped and all four doors opened. Five heads popped out and they all got out. They all looked like a mess.

My dad lift up his shirt and he took out a gun. I gasped. I heard people shouting put I couldn't really hear what was going on. Noah stormed toward the car and opened the door. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out.

"Owww, what the fuck?!" I yelled as I was being dragged out of the car.

"Anna!" They all yelled.

My head snapped toward their direction and I tried running to them but Noah yanked my hair. Pain was written all over my face.

"Don't hurt her" Niall said.

"Where's the money?" My father asked.

Liam got in the car and handed Zayn a suit case, then he reached in the car for two more suitcases. That seems like a lot of money.

"How much money did you ask for?" I looked up at Noah.

"Don' worry about it" He answered.

"How much?" I asked again.

"3 million" He answered and my mouth dropped open.

That's so much. Oh my god, no. I can't let them do this.

"Zayn don't!" I yelled.

"You don't have to do this, I'll be fine. You guys should just leave" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"We aren't leaving" Harry said.

"You should just-" I was cut short.

My father pulled me towards him and he held me firmly. He pointed the gun towards my head and I cringed. Never have I felt this terrified in my life.

"Noah I want you to go get the money now" He ordered.

He jogged slowly and picked up both suitcases from Liam and Zayn and jogged back to the car. He opened a suitcase and there was money neatly put into it. He jogged back to Zayn put Zayn didn't give him the suitcase.

"Give us Anna first and then you can have the suitcase" He yelled.

"Why the fuck would we do that?" Noah sneered.

"Shut up!" My father yelled.

"It's a deal it seems fair" He said.

He walked closer to the boys, pushing me to walk as well. I started sobbing and he immediately told me to shut up. Zayn held his hand out for me to reach but, my dad pushed me back.

"Let him take the money, and you'll have Anna, she's right here" He said.

Zayn simply nodded. He gave Noah the suitcase and he smirked. I was pushed and I was in Zayn's arms.

"Oh my god" I cried.

He hugged me tightly.

"Shhhhh, its okay" He said.

"Now that you have her, it's done" He said.

He lifts up his gun and Zayn got in front of me. I heard a gun fire and I screamed. I opened my eyes and looked at Zayn. He opened his eyes as well. He touched his chest and looked at his hands. Nothing.

"You idiots I shot your tire" He laughed.

Another gunshot was heard and I screamed again. My father's eyes widened and he fell on the floor. Behind him was Noah smirking. My hand covered my mouth in shock.

"Y-y-you killed him!" I yelled and stepped in front of Zayn.

"Obviously, I'm not sharing the money with him" He scoffed.

"Nor your mother" He shook his head.

Louis stepped forward a bit, so he could reach my dad's gun that was on the floor. Noah looked at him and then pointed the gun at him.

"Hey, don't think I don't see you. Step away" He warned.

Louis obeyed.

"Just leave already" I yelled at him.

"You know Anna all these fucking years. Just growing up, I heard him..." He pointed at our father on the floor.

"always talk about you. How I did everything wrong, and you would've done better. I was tired of hearing all the bull crap. He killed my mom! And now he's dead" He spit on the ground.

"And you know I suffered, yet you didn't suffer shit!" He yelled.

He pointed the gun and shot randomly. Three gunshots, boom,boom,boom. I looked at myself and I was okay, I looked to my left and so were Harry, Louis and Liam. I then looked to my left, at Zayn and Niall. I sighed, everyone was okay.

Then suddenly he dropped on his knees. His hands went directly to his stomach and he looked at his hands. Blood. He gasped and his back went against the car.

"Oh my god, Zayn!" I yelled and I went on my knees.

Noah ran and sped away in the car. He rolled down the window.

"Go to hell!" He yelled.

"Zayn oh my god, no" I started crying.

The boys crowded him. Louis dialed 9-1-1.

"I'm so sorry Zayn this is my entire fault" I cried.

"N-no it's not your fault. T-t-the important thing is that you're okay Anna" He said.

He reached his hand out and he wiped a tear from my cheek with his thumb. Tears formed in his eyes and you could see the blood through his shirt.

"B-b-but Anna, I wanted you to know. That the day when th-they took you. I wanted to tell you that I-I-I love you-u" He tried to smile.

"Zayn" I said as I pressed my forehead against his.

"Look if I don't make it, I wanted you to know" He said.

He turned his head and started to cough up blood. More tears trickled down my cheeks and I refused to believe this was real.

"Yes, okay" Louis said.

"You need to hurry, he's, he's, losing a lot of blood" Louis said and he wiped away tears.

"Yes, yes, okay, please hurry" He said and he threw his phone on the floor.

"Look Zayn I need to do this, it might hurt a little bit, okay? They'll be here real soon" Louis said and wiped another tear.

Niall told me to move back a little and give him some space. His face was red, bright red. Louis bent down and lifted up Zayn's shirt. He bit down on his shirt and tore a piece off. He placed it on the wound that was very bloody.

"Sorry, Zayn" He said and he pushed down on it.

"OOOUUGHHH" He yelled and winced.

"What's that supposed to do?" Liam murmured.

"It's supposed stop him from bleeding as much" He said.

Zayn started to lose conscious.

"No, no, Zayn, stay conscious" I neared him.

I grabbed his hands.

"Please Zayn" I cried.

He smiled and he shut his eyes. I heard the sirens getting closer.

"Zayn no, stay with me" I patted his cheek.

"Hhhmm" He opened his eyes again.

"They're coming Zayn. Can you hear them? They're gonna be here soon" I told him.

He closed his eyes again.

"Zayn" I said as I smacked his cheek lightly.

"Zayn" I did the same.

"Zayn" I said again.

He didn't say anything nor did he open his eyes.

"ZAYN!" I screamed.

Someone pulled me back.

"No, leave me alone! Zayn!" I screeched.

"Anna, shh, it's okay" Harry sniffled.

I kept trying to move towards Zayn but he didn't let me. Liam, Niall, and Louis were around Zayn. The sirens got louder and louder until I was able to see it. Cops came out of their cars and made their way over here. The paramedics came out with things in their hands.

"Zayn! Zayn!" I continued to yell yet Harry kept me back.

"You need to calm down, I know it's hard Anna. Just calm down" He said to me.

"Shut up Harry! Shut up! Zayn!" I cried.

Paramedics came around him and Louis, Liam and Niall took a step back.

"Is she okay?" Someone asked Harry referring to me.

"She won't calm down, she has a problem, and she can faint anytime from now" He told the guy.

I had forgotten about the time before where I had passed out, that was so long ago but, I didn't care. All I could think about right now is Zayn.

"Zayn!" I yelled as I kept trying to get out of Harry's grip.

"Miss, I need you to calm down" Someone said to me.

I couldn't see clearly. The tears made my vision blurry.

"Zayn!" I yelled.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my leg. I looked over and the guy had inserted a needle in my thigh.

"What are you doing to me?!' I yelled.

"It's to calm you down Miss" He answered.

Harry's grip didn't loosen up. I looked up at Harry and told him to let me go. I told him that I needed to go with Zayn.

"Anna he's gonna be okay, they are helping him right now. It's going to be okay" He told me.

"I hate you!" I slammed my fist on his chest.

"Just let me go to him, it's all my fault. Just let me go!" I insisted.

"Anna it's not your fault okay, it's not. Don't think that" He said.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and just continued to sob. My eyes began to droop.

"Harry, what's happening?" I said between sobs.

"The injection is going to make you sleep so you can calm down" He said.

"I don't want to sleep; I need to go with Zayn!" I cried.

And black. I couldn't hear anything else. Black was all I could see.

This is the best, longest, saddest, chapter I've ever written EVER. I started crying while writting this. Please comment and vote. One more chapter after this and an epilogue.

-Anna xx