Mixed Emotions

-Tex's POV-

''It's just the hormones, I guess.'' I sniffled, dabbing my eyes gently. I woke up this morning feeling so upset, and so empty for some reason.

Andy must of heard my sobs, cos he was in here like a flash.

''I know you miss them, Tex.'' He said softly, rubbing my arm. ''But it's only a week. Only a week till they return home, and then you can begin shopping for nursery furniture for the baby.''

''I know.'' I half smiled. ''I'm just being over sensitive, ignore me.''

''You've got nothing to worry about, lil sis. You're gonna have your own little family soon, once this baby is born. Smile! You look so much more beautiful when you smile.''

I lay my head against my big brothers chest, and smiled. I used to despise him, and I regret that. I've realised what a good brother he is. The best I could ever wish for. I shouldn't ever take him for granted.

''I never got the chance to tell you... Your hair really suits you, Andy.''

''Oh this?'' He gestured to his short dark blonde hair. ''I'm just going back to my natural hair for a while.''

''I remember you like that... Little blondie.'' I laughed. He laughed along with me.

''Ah! There we go. There's that smile.'' He kissed my hair. ''Everything will be okay. I promise''

I nodded, and cuddled into his side. I probably looked like a clown, with all my makeup down my face. But I didn't care.

* * * * *

Ashley put the straighteners down, and smiled into the mirror at me.

''How do you like it?'' He asked, holding a mirror at the back of my head.

''Perfect.'' I ran a hand through my soft, silky freshly cut shoulder length hair and smiled. Nothing like a well deserved makeover to cheer me up.

''I'm glad.'' He dusted the hair off the cape I had around my shoulders, then took the cape off and put it on the counter. ''You look beautiful.''

He helped me up, then pulled me into a light hug.

''Thank you, Ash'' I snuggled into his shoulder, breathing in his always comforting smell of vanilla and leather.

* * * * *

''You look so skinny girl, you wouldn't think you were pregnant if it wasn't for your little bump.'' Juliet squealed as she put two boxes of Lucky Charms in her shopping cart. ''And your new hair, damn girl. Short hair suits you so much, Oli is a lucky man'' She teased.

''Ha ha. Wow you're too kind.'' I winked, tossing a few bags of salad into the cart.

''You're my beautiful sister in law, I'm allowed to compliment ya'' She chuckled. ''No, but seriously, Andy thinks the world of you. He was telling me earlier how proud he is of you. Being a Mom can't be easy, but you do such a great job of it. The kids are so lucky to have such great parents.''

''Thank you Juliet. That means a lot to me. I know I'm young, but I'll always have my babies best interests at heart. They're my everything.''

''Awe darling. You're so lovely.''

I gave her a sincere smile.

* * * * *

When we got back to Andy's, Melissa and her kids were there. Her kids were so beautiful and so sweet.

''Hey!'' I smiled at Melissa, as I placed a couple grocery bags on the counter.

''Hi! Congratulations'' She gestured to my bump. ''Your baby is going to be so beautiful.''

Was today compliment Texas day? Ha.

''Thank you!'' I nodded. ''I can't wait.''

She didn't look to be in the best of moods, and as I made my way upstairs, I was right. The bathroom door was open, and Ash was stood there, leaned over the sink, breathing heavily.

I quietly walked in, and placed a hand on his shoulder. He jumped slightly at my touch, and gave me a small smile.

''Are you okay?'' I whispered. He turned around to face me, and shook his head. ''Not really.''

''Oh Ash.'' I sighed. He looked so broken. ''What is it?''

He reached out and grabbed my hands carefully, before rubbing them softly. He moved closer to me, and rested his forehead against mine, his lips hovering over mine.

Without a warning, he pressed his lips against mine and kissed me gently.

I pulled away slightly horrified.

''Wh-''

''I'm so sorry.'' He gasped, and ran out of the bathroom. What was that all about. Why did he kiss me.

I frowned, and sat on the edge of the bath. Why now.