Can We Talk?

-Oli's POV-

*Two weeks later*

I was awoken by the annoying bleep of my phone the next morning.

My mouth tasted of nothing but alcohol. I groaned and tried to sit up, only to slowly fall back down again.

My head. I must of drank a lot last night. I've not felt this bad in months.

Fucking hate hangovers.

I ruffled my hair with my fingers, and picked up my phone off the bedside table.

*1 new message*

Sender: Unknown

Baby. :( I'm so sorry. I miss you.

Although the number was unknown, I automatically knew who it was. Katia.

Yeah right, like I'd accept an apology from her.

I turned my phone off, and rolled out of bed.

I had a quick shower, got dressed, and ate some breakfast.

Nobody was on the bus, apart from the driver and I.

He was sleeping in the back room, results of a long drive I guess.

I popped two paracetamol in my mouth, one after the other, and swallowed them with some water.

Right, plans for today... Get a haircut, and my fucking beard/tash tended to.

* * * * *

''Hello?'' She answered. I ran my hand through my newly cut hair, and bit my lip.

''Hi, Texas.'' I mumbled. I heard her swallow. We haven't spoke in a while, even though we've been on the same tour.

''Oh, Oli!'' She exclaimed. ''Ven was just talking about you!'' I heard my daughter mumbling something incoherent in the background. I lightly chuckled.

''Tell the little lady that I love her, and that I'll see her soon'' I assumed I was on loudspeaker because Ven shouted 'I love you too Daddy.'

I heard Texas laugh.

''I'll be back in a minute baby. You stay here with Uncle CC, okay?'' She told Ven, then I heard a door open, and her stepping outside.

I could hear the light wind blow, as she lit a cigarette.

I wish she'd give up.

''I'm back. Sorry about that, I-'' She stopped herself. ''Why'd you call me, Oli?''

My palms were sweating. I felt so nervous talking to her, for some reason.

She used to be my girlfriend, and I have a baby with her. Relax, Oli.

''I... I wanted to just talk, I guess...''

''Oh. You can come over to our bus, and we can talk here. All the boys are on here, but-''

''My bus is empty, you wanna come over here instead?'' I crossed my fingers mentally.

''Sure! Let me just put some lipstick on, and I'll be right over.''

I smiled to myself after she hung up.

~I heard a knock on the door fifteen minutes later.

I hurriedly stood up, and smoothed out my tshirt. Then ruffled my hair with my hands.

''Hello'' She smiled brightly, after I opened the door. My breath almost caught in my throat.

She looked more beautiful than the last time I saw her.

She still had super long hair, only it was dyed a different colour. Like, a coral pink, but the lightest shade.

It was tied into a neat ponytail.

Her face was so beautiful. She was so beautiful.

She wore a white plain dress, with some spiked heels. Simple, but still lovely.

''Your hair looks great'' She grinned, wrapping me in a small hug.

I caught a whiff of her perfumed, sweet scent as I pulled away after the hug, and smiled.

''I was about to say the same thing about yours'' I chuckled lightly.

She blushed a little, and sat down on the sofa.

I joined her, after pouring us both a glass of coke each.

She thanked me, and sipped some.

Let's just get on with it.

''Texas.....''

She looked up at me with her beautiful blue eyes. I almost got lost in them.

''Yes.....?'' She smiled.

''I..'' I sighed. ''I don't want to ramble and-''

I took a deep breath.

''I love you.'' I said confidently. ''I always have.'' I whispered the last party quietly.