Chapter 22: (L)

We stayed crouched under the desk as two sets of feet and two hushed voices came into the room.

"What's going on?" I whispered drunkly, giggling in Brooklyn ear.

"Shhhh!" He placed his finger on my lips, whilst trying to stifle his own giggling.

I looked under the desk to see Mr McAdeline, the bald, emotionless fashion week organiser, accompanied by a blonde, tanned waiter.

"Roberto, my wife can never find out about this." Mr McAdeline said in a constricted voice, looking rather uncomfortable.

"Of course not." Roberto replied, organising his blonde hair so he looked presentable.

I struggled so stifle my giggles as they moved in to kiss each other, Mr McAdeline still muttering things about accusations and suspicions.

Brooklyn, it seemed, couldn't hold it in. He let out a spluttering laugh, stuffing his fist in his mouth and screwing up his face.

Once he started laughing, it set me off too. My choked giggles were making my eyes water, and I'd totally forgotten there was anyone except us in the room until I heard a strict sounding voice.

"Who's there?" The voice said sharply.
Damn. Mr McAdeline is going to catch us under the desk in his office with a bottle of champagne.

His and Roberto's feet advanced over to us, walking round the back of the desk. As they came round the back, Brooklyn and I slipped under the front of the desk.

"Hey!" The shout rang through my ears. "Get back here!"

I grabbed the champagne and glasses, still laughing, and Brooklyn crawled under the desk behind me, taking longer than otherwise because of his belt getting caught on the desk.

"Come on!" I spluttered, halfway out the door.

We ran through the open door, Mr McAdeline and Roberto the waiter's shouts following us down the corridor.

We sprinted round many corners, up and down different staircases and round many twists and turns. Somehow, we managed to find the door that led us back to the lobby.

Panting, we stood with our backs against the door we'd just come through.

"I think we lost them." I breathed, feeling like I was in an action movie, before taking another swig out of the champagne bottle.

"Let's hope so." Brooklyn replied grimly, but still cackling.

"What about this hide and seek, then?" I asked, eager to have some more fun.

"We could just go back to my room, finish off the champagne?" He suggested.

"Yeah, alright then." I said, not entirely satisfied, but prepared to settle.

He started feeling in his pockets as we walked through the lobby towards the lift.

"Oh shit." He swore for the second time tonight.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"I've lost my key card. It must have fallen out under the desk."

"We can't go back." I said firmly.

"I know. I'll just have to ask for another one at the desk."

"Can we still play hide and seek?" I pleaded jokingly.

"If that's what you want, then I'll do it." He beamed as we advanced to the desk.

"Hi, I need a new key card, I've lost mine. The room's under Brooklyn Beckham."

"Certainly, sir." replied the man at the desk, obviously recognising Brooklyn. "If you'd like to sign here."

He passed a sheet over the desk and Brooklyn scribbled on it and flung the pen aside.

"Thank you." he smiled, taking the new card.

"Okay, so who's hiding and who's counting?" He asked when we reached the lift.

"I'll hide, and you," I said, poking him in the chest. "Have up until a hundred to come and find me." I winked as the lift doors closed and he stood watching me from the lobby.

Hey guys! So sorry this is short and not the best chapter, but I'm really busy with school and life and stuff at the moment, and I've also had really bad writers block.

So I hope you enjoy this for now, and if I did a Q&A , would you guys be interested? I don't know if I'd get many questions looool

Bye for now

Xx

Fluuctuate