Chapter 16: (B)

"Where are we going?" Hissed Lola, as we walked through the crowded lobby to the hotel doors.
"You'll see." I turned round and looked back at her as I pushed open the gold handles of the door.
"Brooklyn, tell me!" She said, her voice becoming stronger.
"Hmm... let me think..." I said, pretending to mull the decision over while walking along. "No." I grinned.

She pushed open the door hard, and stormed out onto the street after me. "I have to tell my mum if I'm leaving the hotel."

"Tell her then." I said simply, strolling leisurely down the wide pavement, my jacket still over my shoulder.

"Urghhh!" She growled at me.

"Feisty." I winked at her. She rolled her eyes and shivered, rubbing her arms against the cold.

She caught up with me, the both of us walking at the same pace, me leading. I finally managed to get the courage to say it.
"Want my jacket?" I held it out to her.
"Thanks." she said gratefully, taking it from my hand.
I looked around nervously, hoping they wouldn't turn up. Knowing they would. They always did. It wasn't a question of if, but when.
When I turned back to Lola, she was wearing my suit jacket. Despite me only being several inches taller than her, the jacket was long on her, longer than her short dress.
"Why aren't we going in the car?" She enquired politely.
"Because we're so close we might as well walk." I replied. "I've wanted to come here for ages, but when I found out the hotel was near it, I thought it might as well be this week."

A car drove past, giving a particularly loud beep, which made me jump.
Relax. It isn't them.

I could tell Lola wanted to say something as we walked, the pedestrians (mostly late night shoppers and people invited to the fashion week afterparty) were walking near to us.

"What?" I said to her, when I could stand the silence no more.

"Okay," she began quickly, "I have three questions. One, where are we going? Two, how much further is it? Three, why won't you tell me?"

"One," I answered, "I can't tell you." Lola scoffed, folding her arms. "Two, about four minutes away. And three, I like surprises."

"I don't." she said grumpily.

"I like giving them, not getting them." I replied. "And someone's still tired from last night!"

"Speak for yourself!" She raised her voice, so it sounded husky in the wind. "You looked terrible this morning!"

"Thanks!" I laughed sarcastically.

"Oh no problem." she snapped.

We walked on in silence until I stopped her from walking past a turning on her left, putting the back of my hand gently on her stomach.

"Just down here." I gestured to the dark road.

"Brooklyn this looks creepy." she said, sidestepping away from me.

"Trust me. It's not. Now come on!"
I started walking briskly down the road. "Aren't you coming?" I yelled to the road in front of me.

"Coming." she squealed, scurrying behind me and walking very close to me. I guess she was scared, as this road didn't have street lights, or anyone walking up or down it.

I unlocked my phone and checked the address.
"Yup, it's just in here." I stopped outside a row of pop up shops, all closed for the night.
"The shops are shut." Lola assured me. "There's nothing here."

"I wouldn't be so sure." I said, reaching up and knocking on a matte black door.

Hey everyone! So a short but quite interesting chapter for you all. How do we like Brooklyn/Lola? If you haven't already, take at look at my second book, Runaway! There's only two chapters so far but I'm trying to update but this and that as often as possible.
Enjoy!
Xx
Fluuctuate