Chapter 50: (L)

I woke after peaceful dreams of floating on clouds, still feeling as though I was in fact on cloud nine. I sighed happily then sat up in bed, still in the same lovestruck mood I'd been in since Brooklyn kissed me last night. It was such a magical kiss, with the almost not quite sunset, and the way he was so gentle with me. I say that like he's never been gentle before, but - I shuddered remembering how rough we were with each other in the hotel at fashion week when we almost... Enough about that. But we were rough with each other, and so reckless. I think he even slapped me at one point, and I slapped back. Kinky.

I pushed those memories away, supressing them until I had another chance to be that passionate again. It was unlikely to happen any time soon. Yawning, I got out of bed and wandered bare foot into the kitchen, where Aunt Sally was ironing clothes.

"Morning sleepy." She smiled. "Thought I'd do your washing," She gestured to her ironing and I noticed it was the Victoria Beckham dress. "Seeing as you aren't going home until tomorrow. Breakfast's on the table." But I was still staring at that gorgeous wine-red dress. Oh my god. Oh my god no. She hasn't. "Don't worry!" She added, perhaps seeing the somewhat horrified look on my face. "I've been careful with it!" She pretended to lovingly stroke the fabric. I composed my face into something reassured, and she seemed satisfied.

I turned quickly to the avocado on toast waiting for me at the table. It wasn't the dress I was upset about. It was stained with lipstick, it needed washing. It was Brooklyn. Last Thursday, when we almost - you know - he... What I mean to say is that it smells of him. And me. Both our scents mingled together in a moment of passion. I'm going home with Mum and Dad (no arguments about it, I have decided one hundred and twenty percent) tomorrow, and I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that me and him aren't going to be forever the way we are now. If we're living in different towns, it might not work as well. It definitely wouldn't. I wanted something more than a couple of pap shots on gossip websites to remember him by. I decided not to be cross with Aunt Sally. It isn't her fault. Never mind, there's nothing I can do about it now.

I showered and dressed, in black jeans and a jumper, and threw my hair into a messy bun, as Victoria had told me it would be styled when I got there. Second day of photo shoots today and boy am I excited. Then after that Mum and Dad are picking me up and we're going out for dinner again. I can't wait to see them. And then tomorrow - I go home. After the week and a half in London, although I miss home, a part of me doesn't want to leave the gorgeous streets of the city.

I headed out to walk to the Beckhams - it wasn't too far actually. I told Aunt Sally I'd see her this evening after dinner with Mum and Dad. As it was our last night together she'd promised popcorn and a movie. Not quite dinner at London trendiest eatery - but nice.

"Hey." I greeted Victoria when I entered the gorgeous wood floored hallway. Seriously. I want to live in a house like this.

"Hey Lola! How's it going?" She smiled, brushing her perfectly blow dried brown hair out of her eyes.

"Good." I smiled back, taking off my converse.

"Oh good." She put my shoes in the shoe rack under the stairs. "I was starting to think something had happened with you and Brooklyn, last night he hardly mentioned you at all."

Thank goodness. Well at least he didn't go home and tell them all about us snogging in the street. That would be embarrassing. I guess he was embarrassed. Oh how I'd love to see his embarrassed face, all shy and quiet.

"No, things are fine." I corrected her. "In fact, better than fine, things are great. Where is he? Is he working?"

"Yeah." She nodded, leading me through to the back room where we had shot yesterday. "Matthew runs a tight ship."