Chapter 19: (L)

I woke up the next morning, tired and aching. And then I remembered the events of last night. Oh, yes. That.

So, day three of fashion week. I guess I'm helping Aunt Sally again today.

I showered, feeling dirty from last night's encounter with the paparazzi. I shuddered, despite the hot water. I know Brooklyn hadn't liked how they'd started on me.

I brushed my hair and pulled on some thin black tights, with a new leather skirt and cropped t shirt. I slipped on some black flat shoes and went to meet Aunt Sally for breakfast.

She was waiting for me in the lobby when I got there, and there was no sign of Brooklyn.

"Soooooo?" She said eagerly as I approached her and we walked into the restaurant together. "How was last night?"

"Don't ask." I groaned.

"But I am asking." She changed her tone, so it was softer, more gentle. "Lola, what happened?"

We were led to a small table by a tall, floor length window bordered by long curtains. The view outside was of the gardens of the hotel, a sleek green lawn with several plants here and there.

I looked out of the window for a moment, before speaking.

"We went to this photography gallery, and it was really interesting."
She raised her eyebrows sceptically as we were handed menus.
"No, really, Aunt Sally, it was." She nodded expectantly.

"Then, we went and had coffee at this cafe he works in. It was just the two of us and...I liked it."

"It doesn't sounds so bad!" She exclaimed reasonably.

"I haven't finished yet." I replied darkly.

"Please continue." she gestured at me with both hands.

"And then," I went on, "the...paparazzi turned up."

"Oh Lola." she sighed, putting her hand on mine on top of the table.

I thought about telling her how angry Brooklyn was, and how he had tried so hard not to lash out and lose control, especially as I was there. I think, not in a selfish way, but I think, that it made it worse for him that I was there, and that's why he felt so protective. I was glad about that though.
I was shaking when we finally got back to the hotel, and so was he.

I didn't say anything more to Aunt Sally about last night, but we ordered our food (I chose a fruit salad as I was feeling slightly healthier today), and when she spoke again, I glad to hear she'd changed the subject.

"Right, we've got a busy day ahead of us, Ted Baker in the morning and Valentino in the afternoon. You sure you're up to this?"

"Yeah, of course! It was great working with you yesterday!"

"Excellent!" She exclaimed, munching on a big salmon and cream cheese bagel.

We left the restaurant after paying for our food, and I still hadn't seen any of the Beckhams.

I shrugged it off, hoping they hadn't gone home or something. I had the strangest feeling that David was angry with me last night. What had I done wrong?

I headed off to work with Aunt Sally, again helping her set up her make up and work with all the models.
I learnt even more tips and tricks from her, and before I knew it, it was almost eleven o clock.

"See you later, Megan, say hi to your Mum from me." Aunt Sally laughed to one of her friend's daughters, who is now a model.

"Coffee break?" She asked, as I sat down on the model's chair, clearly fed up of standing up all day. Aunt Sally dragged another chair over and sat down next to me.
"Why don't we see how your Mum's doing?" She rummaged in her big handbag for her phone, and pulled it out and tapped the screen for about a minute or two.

"I've asked her to meet us for lunch in the restaurant. That's alright with you, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"I know you haven't seen a lot of her, but she wo-"

"Yeah, she works hard, I know." I interrupted. "I just wish she'd make some time for me, as well."

"Of course, I wish so too." She leaned over and hugged me, then pulled away and held me out in front of her by the shoulders. "But-"

She was cut off by a knock at the door. I spun round in my chair to see it was Brooklyn. I was wondering when I was going to see him next.

"I'm just going to, er, go and um, see you later Lola!" She scuttled out of the room.

"Hey." he said in a throaty voice, coming over and sitting on the chair Aunt Sally had just vacated. Hmmm. It seemed a lot closer to my chair when he was sitting on it, rather than her.

"You alright?" I asked, not casually, but talking about last night.

"Me?" He scoffed. "I've come to see if you're alright."

"It wasn't a nice experience, but, I think I'm okay." I admitted.

"Good, because now they've seen us together, they're just going to want more. You're gonna need to be careful." he warned me.

"I will be." I breathed.

"I'm so so sorry, Lola." he picked up one of my hands with both of his and looked at it.

"It doesn't matter, honestly." I replied.

"Do you wanna come and watch the models with me? Front row?" He dropped my hand and stood up, ready to go.

"I should probably ask my Aunt first, but yeah, that would be great." I smiled gratefully at him.

We left the room together, and as we walked down the corridor I spotted Aunt Sally, two cups of coffee in her hand, talking to a woman about her age, with dark curls instead of blonde. Actually, apart from that, their outfits and makeup looked exactly the same.

She waved one of the cups when she saw me, smiling.

"Lola! I got you a drink! This is Megan's Mum, Susie. One of my old friends."

"Not that old." laughed Susie.

"Oh, Aunt Sally? Brooklyn and I are actually going to watch the show, so, Susie can have my drink. Is that okay?"

"No problem!" She grinned, handing Susie the cup. "Have fun, I'll see you later."

"Bye." I said, as I headed into the main fashion exhibition show with Brooklyn's hand holding mine.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Go and check out Runaway as well, as there are four chapters up now! I have some really great plots lined up for both this and that, so stay tuned! Especially on 'Stop Me', things are about to get crazy!

Please leave a nice comment if you like this and tell me what you think!
Also you can vote and follow me for more updates!

Lots of love!

Xx
Fluuctuate.