Chapter 59: (B)

All we need is time. Time enough to think, to know what we feel. Twenty minutes should have been long enough for her to think. I didn't need any more time. I knew what I felt. It was unmistakable.

I got up, finishing my coffee and feeling sober, awake, and alive.

"Lola?" I called, pushing through hoards of people and trying to get to the terrace. "Lola?"

She wasn't there. She's gone. She really has had enough and she's gone. Oh god I've really ruined it now. I'll never see her again.

"Lola!" I yelled and spun round, my eyes searching for her.

"Brooklyn?"

I whipped round. There she was, breathing shakily, makeup smudged.

"Lola...Where were you?"

"I went for a walk." She shrugged uncomfortably. "I needed to think."

"Me too, and there's some things I want to say."

"Me too. But you first." She inclined her head at my words.
Here goes. I took a deep breath. "Look, I know you're upset. And I get that. I just wanna say that I'm really really sorry. I shouldn't have interfered and I should have talked to you about things. I was being stupid and reckless. Can you give me another chance?"

She looked at me, uncomfortable. I hope I haven't got the wrong idea and said the wrong things. She just bit her lip and looked up, straight into my eyes.

"Please, Lola say something." I looked around, then back at her, to see her eyes full of tears.

"I get it you were trying to protect me from my Dad, I get it now, now you e explained and that. I'm sorry, Brooklyn, I'm so sorry. You just - you really hurt me."

"I know I did," I stroked from her shoulders to elbows with my hands, "and I don't want you to feel this way! I love you." I said. She looked away.
"I love you." I repeated, whispering in her ear. "I mean it. I'm just too close to let go."

She blinked, a single tear dribbling it's way down her left cheek.

"Kiss me." I breathed, my lips somewhere near her jawline. She did, pressing her lips against mine, but somehow it didn't feel right. Like her heart wasn't in it. But I suppose it would be hard for her to accept me back into her life after I did what I did. It would take time. Again, time is the main factor. We need to almost start again; we can't go back from where we left off, it's too messy. But we know there's attraction, and there's a connection between us. We have to keep trying. We just have to.

We broke apart, still gazing at each other, as though my apology had made us see each other in a new light. I leaned in for another kiss, but she turned away.

"I've g-got to go. Sally's picking me up."

I grabbed her arm.
"Wait." She looked back as I spoke.
"This is because of me, isn't it? Am I being too full on? I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured to kiss me, you know I'd never make you do anything you didn't want to, and-" she cut me off as my thoughts spilled out everywhere.

"Brooklyn, it isn't like that. I just think we need to take it slow after what's happened."
I nodded.
"And for the record," she continued, "I wanted to kiss you. I chose to. But right now I've got to go - home."

Her face broke at the word. Obviously Sally's is home for her now. Her home isn't her home anymore. That's my doing. I nodded again.

"Okay. Okay but I want to see you soon. Maybe I'll come over in a few days or...?"

"Yeah, something like that." She shrugged, backing away.

"Yep. See ya." I said awkwardly.

"Bye." Then she disappeared through the party crowd.

Okay then. I feel slightly better. Much better if I'm honest. That kiss and makeup wasn't half as bad or as messy as I thought it would be. I've got her back! A second chance! This is fantastic after what I've done!

"Hey, how'd it go with Lola?" Dad caught up with me later that evening.

"Good. Better than good. Amazing. A bit tricky at first but I won her over."

"That's my lad." He grinned at me. "I guess we'll be seeing more of her then."

"Let's hope so." I smiled myself at the thought of her coming round for family dinners, or laughing as we played football in the garden.
Just as I thought it couldn't get worse it's getting better.
Things were looking up.

Hey guys! Okay so there might be a feeeeeew more chapters but this is definitely one of the last. How do you feel about Stop Me being over? Would you like a sequel? And more importantly, did you enjoy the story at all?

Thanks so much for 101k! It's so important to me!

Please leave a lovely comment and vote if you enjoyed this. Lots of love to everyone reading this.

Xx
Fluuctuate