Chapter 36: (L)

After a brief goodbye to Mum and Dad, none of us making eye contact, Mum stroking my face and saying how she wishes I'd come home, Dad saying he missed his princes, Aunt Sally and I left the hotel.

Wow. So much has happened in this hotel, I sort of can't believe I've left. I stood on the street surrounded by suitcases, collar turned up against he wind that whipped my hair around my face. I fought the wind and tied it back into a messy ponytail. No, that's not a hairstyle, it was like ninety miles per hour wind. It was a freaking mess.

Aunt Sally flagged down a cab, and asked the driver to take us to Notting Hill. She has a car, but it's too expensive to pay for parking for a whole week.

I sat in the back seat, and she sat with me, despite the front seat being free.

"I hope you're okay with this Lola."

I bit my lip and nodded. "I can still see Mum and Dad though."

"Yes of course! If that's what you want."

"It is. But how long will I be staying with you?"

"You can stay as long as you want, honey. I don't need any more space."

"What about school?"

"There's one a couple of streets away. Private, of course, but in this area, nothing's cheap is it? I'd pay some fees and get your Dad to cough up some, all that money he's earned with his so called bar."

I smiled, although not altogether reassured.

Everything was changing so fast. I can't imagine having to tell my friends in Luton about this. I can't just disappear.
I'll see them at some point.

I quickly took out my phone, and send a text to the group chat, all my friends I hadn't spoken to for over a week.

Going to live with my Aunt in London for a while. Don't know how long. Hopefully see you all soon. x

I sighed, then put my phone back in my bag.

"You ok?" Aunt Sally asked.

"Yeah fine." I nodded.

"It shouldn't be long to Notting Hill, but you know what the traffic's like." She said reassuringly to me.

"What kind of place do you live in?" I asked, now excited and eager for a new adventure.

"It's a first floor flat in an old house."

"What, one of those big white ones?"

She nodded. "Grade 4 listed."

"Oh wow. Have you got a spare room?"

"Have I? You bet! It just needs a sort out, some of my makeup is stored in there, and it's ready for you."

I admit that the thought of sleeping in a new bed for however long wasn't the most appealing, but the thought of going somewhere that could be home, now that sounded great.

After about twenty minutes, we pulled up on a street that was entirely filled with white houses, some with pillars either side and black railings leading to below ground flats.

"It's lovely." I looked around. "But don't you wish you had a garden?"

"I do!" She exclaimed. "Every resident of each road is given a key to the private gardens. Like a park, only nicer."

"Wow. There's so much I don't know about London."

Hey guys! Right I know I said no more chapters for a while, but I had to give you this one as I haven't updated in like forever!

My first mock exam is tomorrow! Omg! Wish me luck!

I know I shared that picture of my prom dress, but I changed my mind. I didn't get that dress even though I'll admit it looks amazing.

Enjoy the update! Check TrigerBrooks profile for Chapter 2 of the book I'm editing, it's called Leave Me Now.

Thanks for 57k (whaaaaat?) it's amazing.

So, you know the drill, vote if you enjoyed, comment what you thought and follow me for more!

Xx

Fluuctuate