Chapter 14: (B)

"Ah, there you are Brook." Mum smiled as I walked over to their table. "We were just about to order, where were you?"
"Just talking to someone." I mumbled, pulling out a chair and sitting down.
"Who?" Asked Dad, who is sitting on my left.
"Lola." I replied.
"Oh, that lovely girl, she's so nice!" exclaimed Mum, obviously listening in.
Dad looked at me as though he wanted to say something more, but at that moment, the waitress arrived with her notepad.
"Good morning, are you ready to order, Sir?" She said politely to Dad.
"Yes." he said decisively. "I'll have the black pudding with the cheddar and mushroom toasted baguette please."
"Excellent choice." she smiled back, before stepping round the table and moving on to Harper.
"And what would you like?" She asked, in what she hoped was a baby style voice.
"Can I have Coco Pops pwease!?" She lisped back. Mum smiled appreciatively. Honestly, my sister is so adorable.
The waitress moved round the table, and after taking down my order - Fried eggs, sausages and toast - she hurried back to the kitchen to get our food cooked.
I was still thinking about Lola, how she'd said 'it's a date', and now it is a date.
"What are you looking so pleased about?" Dad asked suspiciously.

"Nothing!" I cried defensively, putting my hands up as though under arrest. He raised his eyebrows sceptically.
I gave in. I can tell my Dad anything, after all.
"Okay," I breathed. "I kinda asked Lola out."
He smiled and chuckled gently. "That's great, Brook." he said, taking of sip of his orange juice. "But you don't want to be moving things too fast, do you?" He pressed on, becoming more serious. "You know how the papers can be with you and girls."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I replied, perhaps a little too forcefully. "But I really like her. And I think she likes me." I said truthfully. And it is true. She's someone I feel like I can trust, despite knowing her for such a little amount of time.

"Yes but Brook, that's not always the most important thing, is it?" He said, his voice becoming lower.

"Well yeah I think it is." I replied indignantly.

"Think of the papers, the media. You know what they're like, how they can make you look. You've only known her two days, so just- take it from there, okay?" He said the last sentence more slowly, and calmly, and I knew this was the end of that conversation.

The food arrived, and I ate it, knowing it would make my headache feel a bit better. It was delicious, but my mind was elsewhere. Lola.

Surely we could make it work? The press don't control me. Its up to me who I talk to, who I like. Isn't it?

Hey guys, here's an update. Sorry it's late, short, and a little bit rubbish but it's here ok.

So I have posted the first chapter of 'Runaway' just now, so you can head over to my works and read it!

I bought Brooklyn's Miss Vogue the other day! Aaaaaaaah I love it! Who else has read the interview?

So I hope you enjoy this chapter and also Runaway, don't forget the contest is still open until October 1st, so you can still be in with a chance of being part of my second book.

Thanks for reading.
Xx
Fluuctuate