Chapter 5: (L)

I woke warm and comfortable in the hotel bed. Not too early, not too late. The opening starts at 9:30, and it's 7:23 now, so I'm fairly on time so far.

I got up, showered, and tried to find something fancy in my suitcase, because it would be ridiculous to turn up to London Fashion Week in jeans. In the end I decided on a pale pink velvet crop, with a floaty white high waisted skirt, and white ankle strap heels. I fixed my natural curls from frizzy to flowing, and clipped back a few pieces of hair from my face. I put on a tiny bit of makeup, not wanting to overdo it, and checked myself out in the mirror. I have to admit, I looked good. Definitely fashion week.

I text Mum on my way out of the suite, telling her I was going to breakfast. She replied almost instantly, with
Hi darling, I can't come to breakfast, I have to manage things, but Auntie Sally will meet you in the lobby.
Typical Mum. Putting work over family once again, I thought as I headed into the lift.

She's the only family I have. My parents split up when I was 7, so I can remember my Dad fairly well. He's living in Costa Rica now, so I never see him, although he was really nice to me when he was here. I guess he and Mum just didn't love each other anymore.

I'm completely lost in thought, until the lift doors snap open to reveal the familiar glamorous entrance from yesterday.

My eyes darted around for Aunt Sally as I step out of the lift, but instead I saw someone else. Brooklyn was leaning against the wall, wearing tight jeans and a blazer, and looking relaxed as anything.

I immediately looked away as I walk forwards. I feel so embarrassed for shaking his hand like that yesterday. Why did I have to go over the top? It's not like I was meeting the Queen. Honestly, "the pleasures are all mine", are we Tudors?
I can't risk embarrassing myself again, especially because he's so gorgeous.

"Thank you." a voice said. I looked up, and realised that Brooklyn is standing right in front of me, smiling and that I have no idea what's going on.

"What?" I asked, laughing, trying to act cool, but at the same time praying I didn't just say that out loud.

"Good morning to you too. You just said 'he's so gorgeous'." Brooklyn smiled, biting his lip to hold back a laugh.

Oh no. I did say it out loud. Gosh he's so arrogant, assuming it was about him when I could have been talking about anyone. The fact that is was about him seems oddly irrelevant.

"Uh, well no, I actually said "it's so gorgeous", I was erm, talking about the hotel, you see, yeah the hotel. I,um, I love the interior decoration in here, great atmosphere, yeah."

Brooklyn started to laugh, and I felt my cheeks burn. I also felt a strong dislike for Brooklyn, and somehow blamed him for me embarrassing myself around him on a regular basis. Luckily, at that moment, Aunt Sally appeared and rescued me from probably the most awkward moment of my life.

"Hi Lola!" She once again hugged me, smothering me in blonde hair, crisp with hairspray. "I see you're already making friends!"

I rolled my eyes discreetly enough for Brooklyn to see but Sally to miss, and Brooklyn grinned at me. What is it with this guy?

"We'll see you later!" She exclaimed at Brooklyn, grabbing my hand and tottering off towards the restaurant.

"Do you like him?" Aunt Sally asked halfway through our breakfast of cinnamon apple waffles with drizzled syrup.

"Who?" I asked innocently, even though I've secretly spent the last ten minutes thinking about my encounter in the lobby with Brooklyn.

"Oh don't be silly, Lola, Brooklyn!" She almost shouted at me with excitement.

"Ummmm...." I pondered, still unsure myself. Sure he is Brooklyn Beckham, but he is a bit arrogant with me, I don't know why. And I only met him yesterday.

"Of course you do, all the girls go all puppy eyed over that family!" She answered the question for herself as she ran her spoon round the edge of her plate to collect every last bit of syrup. I did the same, and she smacks her lips and we both laugh.

"Oooh, it's quarter to nine!" She jumped, looking at her designer watch. "I was supposed to start work five minutes ago!" She leapt up from the table, leaving a wad of notes on the table to pay for breakfast and then shoved her croc print purse back in her bag.
"The time delay means I'm going to need a little extra help. Would you mind carrying some bags of makeup, Lola?" She requested as she puts on her own shiny pink lip gloss.

"Yeah, sure." I agreed immediately, eager for a peek backstage even through I told Mum I didn't care what happened at fashion week, and also because maybe all the front row seats will fill up and I'll have to go to the back, although somehow I don't think that's how it works.

We dashed into the downstairs cloakroom, where Aunt Sally's left a huge suitcase. She bent down and unzipped it, to reveal more makeup than I've ever seen in my life, even in shops! Some of the girls at school would kill for some of this stuff. She heaved out a huge MAC box, and gestured for me to do the same.

We managed to get it all in our arms so we only had to do one trip. Carrying the makeup through the catwalk hall, all the boxes are in front of my face so I couldn't see the catwalk or any of the fashion people who would be way too early. We got backstage and just as we're putting the boxes down, panting from the weight, we heard a smashing sound, like glass breaking, followed by a scream of despair.

"What the-" I began.

"Stay here." Aunt Sally instructed me, as she herself charged out of the room, shouting behind her as she left. "I've known people at Fashion Week get very nasty!"

Being considerably nosy, I had to see this for myself, so I followed her tentatively down the corridor and into a dressing room with the door open that Aunt Sally just went into, to find clothes and shoes littering the floor, a shattered mirror, and Victoria Beckham in hysterical tears...

Oooooh a long and kind of exciting chapter for you all! Don't worry, Brooklyn does have a bigger part in the next few chapters! I was gonna make the chapters go Lola Brooklyn Lola Brooklyn but I kind of have too much to say so it's gonna be a little bit random but just stick with me okay! Hope you're all enjoying this, leave a comment about what you think!