Chapter 52: (L)

As soon as Brooklyn slammed the door behind him I regretted what I had said. How could I say what I did to him? Circumstances change, I guess. I never thought he'd weave this web of lies to me. I have such strong feelings for him, sometimes it gets in the way of everything else. I've got to see clearly now.
It was a few seconds before I realised I was crying, tears dribbling down my face as my shaking hands struggled to wipe them. I got up before anyone could see me and went into the bathroom, cleaning myself up with toilet paper and splashing my face with cold water. Five minutes later you could barely tell I had been crying.

"Are you okay, Lola?" Victoria asked as I stepped out of the bathroom. She was waiting for me when I came back into the room.

I nodded as her crew came back in, Felix still gossiping over his shoulder.
"Yes Mrs Beckham." I bit my lip. "I'm fine."

"Okay, good." she smiled, passing me another dress and eager to get back to work. "Only a few more to go now."

But the events of the past hour had taken their toll. I struggled with the modelling, my mind elsewhere and my body not coordinating, my limbs stiff and awkward. This went on for a while.

"I don't understand." Felix said, puzzled, with his hand on his chin. "This morning you did great."

"I'm sorry." my voice wobbled.

"Don't worry Lola, just keep going." Victoria smiled warmly.

I tried to smile back, but my mouth wouldn't do it.

"Let's take a break there." Victoria told her team, who scattered into other rooms.

"Lola, what's the matter?" Victoria sat me down and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing, just tired." I said miserably, not really looking at her properly.

"Lola." She repeated my name and I looked up into her worried and concerned face. "Lola, what's happened? You can't get it past me. Something's happened. Where's Brooklyn?"

I thought about answering. But I didn't really know what had happened and I had no idea where Brooklyn had gone. But the sound of his name was enough, and all of a sudden I had burst into tears.

"Oh, Lola!" Victoria placed her arm around my shoulder. "Please, tell me and let me help you, whatever it is."

I can't tell her. There's no way. I don't want to tell her about my Dad's past. She knows I'm living with my Aunt but I'm not sure she knows why. And I don't want to tell her how Brooklyn and I argued.

"No," I sniffed, composing myself. "It's nothing, I was just thinking about the past week, and family stuff, you know..."

"Oh don't stress yourself out!" She gave me a hug. "Everything will work out, I'm sure it will." She pulled away to inspect me. "You look pale, have you eaten?"

"Yes."

"Mmmm, well I think we'll call it a day there, I don't expect you to do any more work now. What time are you getting picked up by your parents?"

Oh god even the thought of seeing Dad. I feel like I said those things about him. Even though I didn't. I feel so bad that Brooklyn lied about him.

"Half past six."

"Oh that's only a couple of hours. I'll make you a cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate or something and you can't stay here and chill for a while. Sound ok?"

"Sounds great." I whispered gratefully. I just hope Brooklyn doesn't come back. "Thank you so much."

"It's fine, Lola, really, I just want you to be ok." She stood up, fixed her skirt, and showed me to the living room. "Honeycomb hot chocolate okay?"

I sat on the sofa watching TV while Victoria worked in the other room with her team. She had brought me a hot drink which although warmed me inside, didn't fix the way I was feeling. At the moment, I just want to go back to my old life. I sort of wish I'd never met Brooklyn. None of this would be happening.

None of this would be happening.

No modelling contract, no almost-hotel-sex, and no falling in love. No falling in love. Of course I'm glad I met him. I've had the best week and a half ever. Almost. There's just the slight issue of Dad.

I love him, of course I do. He's my Dad and I've always been a Daddy's girl. But his sudden reappearance and shock revelation has been difficult to deal with. I am starting to believe Mum, however. He's different. He could be a changed man. He could have gone to Costa Rica and completely turned his life around.

Then Brooklyn. He feels so strongly for me, I can tell (I can feel it), that he would do anything to keep me here and stop me from leaving. I think he's probably said that. That's why I don't believe him. He's jealous of all the attention I'm giving my recently rekindled family that I could be spending with him. That's a big life to tell though.

I mulled it all over in my mind, but when it became too much and too difficult to deal with, I pushed it away.
I distracted myself watching an hour of catchup tv on the Beckhams huge tv and cosy sofa. Hmmmmmm.

I was so comfortable I didn't realise I'd drifted off into a nap until I was woken by a gentle knock on the door.

"Lola." Victoria stuck her head round the door. "Brooklyn's home."

Hey guys! Sorry for so long between updates I just couldn't think what to write! I'm going to The Netherlands next week so I probably won't update much then but I want to finish Stop Me within the next two weeks!

What do you guys think will happen? Have you enjoyed Stop Me and would you read a sequel?

So much love for 95k.

Xx
Fluuctuate