Chapter 49: (B)

"Good walk?" Dad asked when I got back, slamming the front door behind me with a bang.

"Huh?"

"Did you have a good walk?"

"Yeah it was...alright."

"Only alright? How are things with Lola?" He seemed concerned. Obviously it would put a strain on things if I broke up with her while she was round our house quite a bit for modelling. And of course a break up is never nice.

What do I tell him? I can't tell him.

"No! Things with Lola are great! Really...excellent." I kicked off my shoes and slunk off to the living room to join my siblings before he could interrogate me further.

"Hey." Cruz grinned from where he and Romeo were playing a FIFA game on the Xbox and Harper was sitting cross legged on the floor, watching her older brothers admirably. "Wanna play?"
He offered me a controller.

"Nah I'll watch thanks."

"Okay." he said with an air of 'you're missing out.'

"Your funeral." Romeo grimaced and they started another match.

It will be when Lola finds out.

My mind was still racing as I tried to distract myself by watching all the players running around on screen, but I couldn't. Their faces were distorted and their legs stuck out at weird angles when they kicked the ball.

Do I tell her? She's bound to find out anyway, it might as well be sooner rather than later. I'd be saving her from a potentially dangerous move going back to her Dad. And her Mum, presuming she doesn't know. She'd be so grateful for me jumping in and saving her. Eternally grateful. We might be together forever. I could almost hear her in my over-arrogant head, saying "oh Brooklyn, you saved me! How can I ever repay you?" Like a fairytale damsel in distress, and I was her real life knight in shining armour. Mum and Dad wouldn't be able to complain as it would make our family look great in the press.

But then would she believe me? I can't tell her, no I won't tell her. It could be a one off! It might not even be drugs in the bag. I laughed at myself inside at how carried away I was getting. She could have such a happy life with her reunited family. I might be so determined to find bad in her Dad that I misjudged it completely, perhaps only saw what I wanted to. But then if she was bound to find out anyway, she would know that I'd kept this secret from her. She'd blame me for trying to destroy her happiness. I didn't want to be responsible for that.

But I had to tell someone. It just - it all fits too well! He used to be a drug dealer and now it seems that he's dealing again. What else could it be? I grabbed my phone and text Lola, telling her that we need to talk.
I know she won't believe me. I've already tried to warn her that her Dad is up to something. She knows I'm after him. She's going home soon and she knows I don't want her to. She's going to think I'm getting desperate and pulling out the drug dealer dad card to make her stay. Maybe she will stay. What an advantage. I need to tell her.

My mind tossed and turned between the two options.

"Kids, dinner time!" Mum called through, and I got up and walked into the dining room, Harper trailing behind me, leaving my brothers still bickering over finishing the match.

All the way through Dad's classic pie and mash, I was still saying 'do I? Don't I?'. I will tell her, I decided as I took my clean plate out into the kitchen.

"How did it go with Lola?" Mum asked, remembering our conversation from earlier. Could I tell Mum? No.

"Yeah it was good. It's going well between us."

"I'm glad to hear." She rubbed my arm gently. "After the time you two have had you deserve some happiness."

She's right. Things have never been so good between me and Lola. I won't tell her.

But that night as I lay in bed, thinking of her, her lips on mine and her sweet innocence that I loved so much about her, I decided I would tell her. I can't let her go through this alone. Because... Because I love her.

Hey guys! Stop me will be over soon! Who's sad? I know I am! I'm thinking about a sequel! But we'll see how this goes first.

Please take a look at the book I'm writing with TrigerBrooks called 'Leave Me Now' (it's also a Brooklyn Beckham).

What do you hope/think is gonna happen? Should Brooklyn tell Lola what he saw? If he did, would she believe him?

Thank you so so much for all the reads and for joining me on this incredible journey.

Vote if you enjoyed!

Xx

Fluuctuate