Chapter 24: (B)

I watched her go, mesmerised by her.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my trance as someone grabbed me roughly by the shoulder.

"Where have you been?" Dad growled, turning me round roughly to face him.

"I haven't left the hotel, I promise." I replied innocently.

"I'm not sure if I beli- are you drunk?" He almost yelled.

"No!" I shouted, trying to sound more sober. "I mean, I had one glass of champagne, but that's all, hone-"

He cut me off.
"Come on, its late. Back to your suite. Now." he led me along the corridor and I unlocked the door, sitting down on the bed as a rush of déjà vu hit me.
Dad started as soon as the door was closed behind him.

"You were with her weren't you?"
He didn't need to say her name, I knew who he was talking about.

"Yes." I admitted exasperatedly. there was no use in lying.

"What did you do? Where did you go?" I noted a trace of panic within the anger of his voice.

"I've told you, we didn't leave the hotel." I replied, avoiding the main point of the question.

"Then why did you and her vanish from the party?"

"We just needed some air, so we slipped outside the room for a bit."

"I didn't see you leave."

"You must have missed us."

He glared at me straight in the eyes.

"Look, I..." he sighed, unfolding his arms. "You told me what happened yesterday, with those - let's call them 'photographers'. That wasn't nice for you or Lola, I know that. Trust me, I've been through it."

He bent down so we were level and put a hand on each of my shoulders.

"This place." he gestured to the hotel room we were sitting in. "It's swarming with them. Infested. You don't want any pictures surfacing that you're not proud of. Neither do your Mum or me."

"But-"

"That's why we think it's best if you don't see Lola anymore. She's a bad influence and-"

"Dad, what?!" I yelled, all evidence of a calm chat evaporating before our eyes.

"It's perfectly reasonable-"

"No it is NOT!"

"Calm down, Brook, like I said she's a bad-"

"It was as much her as it was me!" I flung out my arm and gestured to her room next door.

"Don't try and defend her, I've seen her drinking champagne, her mother isn't even around to try and stop her-"

"Her mum's at work! She only had half a glass! Dad - please!" I protested, but it didn't seem to work.

"You're going to stay away from her, you understand me?" The tone of his voice was suddenly so stern, I didn't dare argue.

I nodded, feeling on the verge of angry tears. Again.

"Goodnight, Brooklyn."

He closed the door behind him as he left.

I hit my fist once against the wall with anger. Ouch. That really hurt.

Angry, slightly lonely, frustrated, and thinking, I settled myself down in bed and closed my eyes, hoping that if I couldn't see Lola in real life, she would at least swim in the dreams in the surface of my mind.

Hey guys! Here's a short chapter for you, as I'm working on the next longer one, which is the main point of the book that everything so far has been working towards. (Spoiler alert or what? Haha)

You guys are gonna love this.

Runaway is getting good too, so be sure to check out the latest chapter.

Thanks for 31k! I honestly never thought this would happen!

Stay tuned....

Xx

Fluuctuate