Chapter 42: (B)

I don't know what came over me, really. Perhaps it was just an instinct. But something was telling me to follow Danny when he came back out of the house.

There I was, crouched behind a car, (typical spy I know, but what can you do?) after running away from him. I'm not proud of that, but he's a pretty intimidating man.
So he came out of the building, turning up his collar on his black leather jacker. God, he's such a wannabe gangster.

At least my Dad is real cool not fake cool. Idiot.

I ran along the other side of the road at the same pace as his swagger style walk, ducking behind cars every time he looked up or around.

He unlocked a black Vauxhall Insignia, complete with tinted windows, and got in. Congratulations Brooklyn, you've discovered a man getting into a car.

I stayed where I was, watching for anything else that might happen. Not much. He picked up his phone, made a call, and was talking for several minutes before getting out of the car again.

He checked twice that the car doors were locked, then proceeded along the street again to the park at the end of the road, where a tall man with a similar leather jacket seemed to be waiting for him. They spoke, brief conversation, for several minutes, then said farewell. The tall man headed back through the park and Danny back up the road again. Nothing suspicious there, is there? He's just meeting a friend.

Hmm. Actually I'm not so sure. I'm gonna keep an eye on him. I sound like the police! No, I'm just looking out for Lola, that's all it is.

"You took you time." Mum raised her head from where she was reading a magazine on the sofa when I entered the house.

"Yeah, I..." I hesitated. "I took a shortcut but it ended up more of a...long cut..." I trailed off.

"Did you go and see Lola?" Dad asked, exasperated, coming into the room with Harper in his arms.

"Yes." I admitted. "I mean no! No. I didn't get to see her. Her aunt wouldn't let me in."

"No wonder, you're being very persistent." said Mum, putting down her magazine as Harper scrambled up to sit next to her.

"Am I?" I replied.

"Well fashion week only finished yesterday, so yeah, I'd say you are." Dad finished.

"Look, she's coming here on Monday anyway, so you can see her then." Mum said.

"Why's she coming here?" I sat down, suddenly interested.

"She's got a screen test with Felix and the studio's being renovated in time for the new fashion season, therefore, she's doing her screen test here."

"Okay."

"But don't go bugging her again." Dad warned me, "If she said she needs space you need to give her just that."

"Yeah, fine, alright!" I snapped.

"As long as you get it."

"Thanks Dad, I do." I got up and stormed upstairs to my bedroom, sitting and thinking about what I'd seen. Was there really anything suspicious going on with Lola's Dad? Or was it just me, making things up, trying to have an excuse to see her?
I wanted to tell Mum and Dad, ask them what they thought of my suspicions; no, they'd think it was weird that I followed him in the first place, and that I'm going too far.

I'll just have to wait and see.

Hey guys, what's up? How are all of you! Three chapters in two days, how lucky are you? Luckier than me I guess, as I'm ill at the moment so I've been writing a bit.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you think/hope is gonna happen?

This is one of the last chapters of Stop Me, as it's almost over. Thanks for so many reads, you guys are awesome! I can't believe I've been on Wattpad for a year and 3 days!

Please leave a comment and vote for this chapter.

Xx
Fluuctuate