Chapter 37: (B)

Lola was gone. One of us has left fashion week. And the other is doing so in, I checked my watch, two and a bit hours.

Mum and Dad had finished their interviews a while ago, and they wanted us all to have dinner with the organisers before we left.

It was a little awkward really, sitting across the table from Mr McAdeline, given what happened the other day. I tried not to speak too much, to draw attention to myself. I had so much on my mind, anyway. What with Lola's family issues, and then she left.

I mean, I knew she had to at some point. But it just seemed too soon. Things were just working out between us.

After dinner, we headed back to our rooms to pack. I cornered Dad as we walked down the corridor.

"Dad, hey, um can I talk to you about something?"

"Yeah, of course, in your room."

I opened the door to my suite, and he sat down in the corner armchair and I sat on the bed.

"So, it's about Lola."

He sighed. "Go on."

"Her dad left when she was little, and well, now he's back. And she just found out that he used to be a dealer. And she's, um, gone to live with her aunt."

"Seriously?" he asked, looking nice concerned. "Poor girl, I hope she's okay."

"Yeah, there was a bit of a shouting match in the lobby, I'm surprised you didn't hear."

"No, I didn't. Wow." he seemed shocked. "At least she's safe living with her Aunt. Did you tell her she's always welcome with us?"

Wow, he's changed his tune.

"Yeah, summin like that."

"Good, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to ask her to model, I'll tell your Mum to call her models manager, and she can-"

"No! Dad, she was really excited for that!"

"It might be too much for her on top of all the family stuff."

"Maybe. We could ask her next week."

"Next week?"

"There's still one week of the holidays left, and her Aunt lives just round the corner from us!"

"Maybe just give her a bit of space."

"That's what she said to me."

"There you go then." Dad said, with an air of the conversation being finished.

"Ok." I nodded.

"Gonna go and finish packing." he got up, left and closed the door behind him.

I sighed myself, still thinking about Lola. I really hoped she was okay with her Aunt Sally. She did seem lovely. I knew there was something dodgy about her Dad from the start, the way he spoke to me.

It's not about me, though. It's about her.

I threw all my clothes into my suitcase, not bothering to fold them properly. Checked my hotel room one last time for anything that might have been left behind. My self respect, perhaps?

So much has changed this week. Since I met her.

I finagled up my packing, taking my surprisingly heavy suitcase with me as I left the room.

"Ready?" Mum asked as we prepared to leave, just waiting in the lobby while Dad checked us all out.

How could I ever be ready to leave this place.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Don't forget you have work on Monday." She reminded me.

"I know." I acknowledged.

"And then back to school the week after."

I groaned. School.

Hey guys! So sorry for no updates in ages, but that's obviously because of my exams, like I told you. The next chapter might be a little better as this is just a bit of a filler!

Please leave some lovely comments!

Xx

Fluuctuate