Chapter 15: (L)

I left the restaurant smiling, feeling so much better than I had when I woke up this morning. Aunt Sally was waiting around the corner, make up cases in tow.

"Sooooooo." She squealed, both of us grinning as I picked up a case and we started pacing towards the backstage dressing rooms. "What did he want?"

"I'm meeting him at tonights after party." I beamed at her without hesitation.

"What like a date?" She set down the boxes as we reached the door, and rummaged in her bag for the keys. Obviously she's thinking alone the same lines as me.

"Well that's what I said," I replied, lifting some of her makeup into the dressing room. "And then he just went 'yeah', so I guess it is."

She clapped her hands.
"Oh how exciting! A date!" She squeaked as she unzipped a vanity case and started lining up lipsticks on the dressing table. "But before we get carried away, we've got work to do."

"Hey, Lola, watch this." she gestured to the mirror, then flicked a switch behind it. Round lights bordering the mirror flashed into life, like a Hollywood movie star mirror.
I chuckled.

The day passed quickly when I was working with Aunt Sally. When the Topshop models came in, she showed me how to create their runway look, how to effectively contour, and how to apply eyeliner to get the perfect flick. We messed around a bit after lunch in the Pret a Manger down the road, trying out crazy makeup looks and clowning around with all her products. I went back to my hotel room at five o clock, when she finished work, in great spirits.

It was still two hours til dinner, so I sat down and watched the hotel TV until it was time to get ready.

Unsure what to wear, I pulled on the Victoria Beckham dress she'd given me yesterday, with my short white heels, and grabbed my sparkly clutch as I left.

It surprised me when the lift reached ground floor, and I saw Aunt Sally waiting for me by the restaurant - with Mum.

"Mum!" I exclaimed, rushing over to her and giving her a hug. "I've hardly seen you this week!"
"Darling, I've been working very long hours!" She replied.
As I pulled away, I could see her eyes did indeed look weary.
"You look exhausted."
"I am, Lola, I'm going straight to bed after dinner, I've got a meeting at half eight tomorrow."
"Let's eat, then." Aunt Sally quickly cut in.

We sat on a round table in the restaurant, just the three of us, and ordered our meals.

After a spaghetti carbonara with basil, and a conversation about fashion barely held together, I was glad to escape from the awkwardness between the three of us. It's odd really, as when it's Aunt Sally and I, we get on great, the same with her and Mum, and me and Mum can always have a good chat, but for some reason when all three of us are thrown together, none of us know what to say.

Mum wished us goodnight and headed off to bed, and Aunt Sally said she's would get in an early night as well, leaving me to go and meet Brooklyn alone.

I spotted him almost instantly, wearing a long sleeved tight white shirt with black trousers, holding his suit jacket draping over his shoulder. I approached him slowly, and he checked his watch as I did, as though he was anxious to meet me on time.

"Hey." I breathed when I was close enough to him.
"Hey." he whispered back, smiling. I really liked seeing him smile.
"You look great." I said, hoping it wasn't too much.
"So do you." he looked me up and down, taking in my full appearance.

We stood quietly for a moment, until I broke it.
"Are we...going to the afterparty then?" I almost felt rude enquiring this.

"Actually, I know what I said earlier, but I had something else in mind. Is that okay with you?"
I had no choice but to nod my head, without even knowing what I was agreeing to.

"I wanna take you somewhere." he murmured somewhere close to my ear.
"Come with me."

Hey guys! Another update quite soon! Although again, quite short (I consider 1000 words to be a good lengthy for my chapters, but I don't know).
Hope you guys are enjoying the story!
You only have two days left to enter my contest! Read about it in Chapter 11!
If you haven't already read it, go and read my other book, Runaway, which has the first chapter up already and hopefully another one soon.
Thank you so much for almost 15k reads. When I started this I never thought I would get so many, woaaaaaah!
Please leave a comment about what you think or anything else, because I love to read comments!
Bye for now,
Xx
Fluuctuate