The Final Chapter

~7 years later~

I was piling my son's football gear into the back of the minivan, the rest of the team clambering in, congratulating my son on the winning goal. As i drove to the ice cream shoppe for celebratory reasons, I glanced in the mirror at my happy little boy and all his friends.

His father would be meeting us at the shoppe as he'd had "mummy and me" with our daughter, I was the boys' coach assistant and he'd agreed to go for me this once. It was quite the normal Saturday morning for our crew.

I smiled, pulling up and parking, getting out as well as letting the boys out before throwing my arms around my lovely husband who happened to be holding our little girl in his arms.

"You look ravishing" He teased, giving me a quick kiss on my lips before setting baby girl down.

"You're too funny" I replied, laughing, scrunching my nose up and placing a proper kiss on him.

"Yuck!" we heard the kids. We all raced each other into the shoppe and got in line, i let the children order first before getting my own rocky road on a waffle cone.

"Can I try yours?" I asked my hubby.

"Sure" He holds it in front of me and as i go to lean in and take a bite he shoves it in my face making me gasp.

"Ah! I can't believe you did that!" I exclaimed, causing the table to erupt in laughter.

"You seriously didn't see that coming?" He laughed at me as I wiped my nose.

"No, I totally saw it coming I just didn't think you'd actually do it" I gave him a knowing look and he shrugged.

"Lavender?" A voice sounds behind me making me jump a little at the familiarity. I turned around and saw a man standing there with whom I assumed was his wife and daughter. His face pulled memories from the back of my mind and I felt like crying.

It'd been so long and we left everything on such solemn terms.

"Marcel?" I stand up and face him, tucking the memories away and smiling. "It's been what, 5 years?" I scoffed wondering why I'd never thought to check in on him and see how he was doing.

"7 years actually" He scratches the back of his neck and grins.

"Oh! Um Marcel, this is my husband, Niall. Niall this is my-"

"just an old friend" He reaches out and shakes Niall's hand and Niall nods, somewhat understanding.

"Right" I breathed out. "This is my daughter, Delilah and my son, Harry" I smiled... and so did he in remembrance of the names meaning maybe or just because he was happy to see I settled.

"This is my wife, Charlotte, and my daughter, Sydney" I nod my head to Charlotte and wave at Sydney. He smirks at me but then frowns when his daughter refuses to move from behind him. "She's just a little shy"

"Well how have you been?"

"I'm gonna go get the ice cream, we'll be waiting in the car" Charlotte dismisses herself waving goodbye before adding, "It was nice to meet you"

"You too!" I called after her.

"So you've got yourself a family hm" He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes knowing he'd remember my words.

"Yes and we've just come to celebrate another win for our football team" I don't even try to deny it anymore, allowing him to make a screwy face at me and tease me.

"Your minivan I assume?" He nodded out the window, still smirking.

"Oh totally" I say in a playful tone. "I make it work though" I folded my arms and smiled wider.

"Yea I bet" he says, biting the inside of his cheek. "Hey would you want to go out to dinner sometime? Just to catch up? As completely platonic friends" He says making it very clear to a eavesdropping Niall.

"Oh... um sure. I've gotten a new number if you want to give me a call so we can plan it-"

"I was thinking tonight" He said, a little desperate.

"I've got the kids, and we have a fence to put up-"

"No yea you're right, we can plan it. Doesn't have to be tonight, um well, gimme a call and we'll set a date- not that it's a date- gah- um see you later" He rambles, raking his hands through his curly hair before leaving.

"Mummy who was that?"

"An old friend, my darling. Just an old friend"

+++

AH! this was the last chapter. I know it's completely sudden but 5 months is a pretty long dalliance. Anyways, there'll be an epilogue and then it's over, completed. It feels weird because it's not even that great of a book but i managed to nab a few readers. Anyways i love you guys be ready for the epilogue!

ALSO PERFECT IS THE BEST GODDAMN SONG I'VE EVER HEARD FUCK.

Ciao! Moi ;*