Ch.XVI {just keep swimming}

[[[ M A R C E L ]]]

I strip down to my briefs and jump in the lake off the small cliff closest to the car. Letting myself sink for a while I think about what I'm about to say... Or do.

I come up for air and see Lavender 5 feet above me, her feet dangling off the side.

"You comin?" I ask. She pulls her knees up to her chest and shakes her head.

"No thanks, it's still November remember? Ha that rhymed" she looks down at me, perturbed. "How are you not freezing?" I glance at my skin noticing small goosebumps before shrugging my shoulders.

"Don't know, guess I just have too much on my mind" I push my hair back and sink beneath the water again but this time only enough to keep my shoulders submerged.

"Care to share?"

"Only if you join me" I reply.

"Your lips are blue"

"Your lips are pink"

"You're shivering"

"You're not"

"Marcel"

"Lavender"

"Fine"

She sits there for another five minutes before huffing and then standing up to strip. She leaves her undergarments on and winces as the cold air hits her. She stares at me with worry but I simply smile. She rolls her eyes, holds her arms close to her and jumps.

"OH MY GOD WHY DID I LISTEN TO YOU!" She shrieks once she's comes back up gasping for air. "How are you even living right now!" She's shivering like crazy, eyes wild, going pale, lips already turning a light bluish purple. I laugh.

"You'll get used to it"

"I think not!" She tries to get out but I pull her back.

"Come here" I bring her back to me and wrap my arms around her. "Just stay close to me and I'll keep you warm"

"You mean alive? You'll keep me alive. Because this is not warm at all-"

"Ssshh. Sh" I hold her, both of us under the water. She finally moves her arms and slowly wraps them around me.

"It. Is so. Cold" she whispers, exasperatedly.

"Yes but now I get to tell you what's been eaten me" I laugh.

With my arms around her and her arms around my waist and both of us under the water, she lifts her legs up and around my waist as well. I remove myself from her shoulders and place them around her hips so she could have my neck to hold onto. She squeezed me tight and we stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Alright so spill" she says.

"Right. I've been thinking... We've been doing this for a little more than a month now and I was wondering if maybe I could take you out... On a um- date" I cough into my hand nervously.

She pulls back and I'm half afraid of her answer.

"Who'll be taking me? Marcel? Or Harry?" She furrows her brows.

"Um well I know how you don't like when I gel back my hair and I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a pair of Bobby's skinny jeans so probably Harry?" I am so hoping that's what she wanted to hear but her face said otherwise.

"Then no" she says.

"Wha- why??? I thought you liked Harry-?"

"There is no Harry! I'm sorry I even made him up!" She hides her face in her hands. "I didn't mean for this to happen I wanted my friends to see the real you but all they saw was this Harry guy that I'm screwing. It's not fair to you!" She cries out. "I should never have made you change-!"

"You didn't make me change? I chose to dress the way I did! I decided skinny jeans showed off my legs more and the gel is super expensive and disgusting to apply. The sweater vests are itchy as hell and I got used to the contacts" I finish ranting and she sniffles. I calm down and heave a sigh. "You did nothing wrong, and my personality is still the same! And I- I really like you Lavender. I, me, Marcel is asking you on a date. Would you be so kind as to accept?" I cup her face and press my forehead to hers. She sniffles again.

"I'd love to go on a date with you. I am so sorry for this last month and a half, I feel like I've put you through a lot more than you should have to go through, and that's not including the sex" she wipes her red nose and lets out a small laugh.

"Trust me. To be right here with you right now, it was all worth it" I wipe away a single tear. "Now c'mon let's swim while we can"

-

[[[ L A V E N D E R ]]]

"Where ya been stranger?" Matty says as I walk through the door. "Oh hey sorry about yesterday by the way" she sits up from her reading position and watches as I clunk out on the bed.

"You alright there trooper? You didn't come home last night, you stay with Harry? Probably sexed it up some more huh" she smirks.

"Nope" I sigh in relief and smile lazily.

"Why're you all looking like that?"

"No reason. Sleeping at his place is just more comforting I guess" I pull the covers up to my chin and look at her innocently.

"Okie how about you tell me what actually happened and I'll be the judge of that. He pull some new move on you or something?" She stands up her hands on her hips and waltzes right up to me.

"Nope... We didn't move at all"

"You guys just slept? That's no fun. Why're you so cheesed up?"

"Is it so hard to believe I had a good time without getting wasted?" I hummed. She still wasn't takin it. "He asked me out on a date"

"Woah woah woah. Hold up. You? And Harry? Have a date? W-T-F Lavender you're not supposed to date your fuck friends-!"

"Why? So you can?!" I snap, suddenly angry that she isn't happy for me. She froze.

"No- I have a- so I think he's cute! Lock me up and throw me in jail-!"

"That's a bunch of bullshit and you know it. That stupid thing you pulled yesterday morning completely proved your intentions with him and that's just fucked up. You have a boyfriend and now maybe I can have a steady one too. Maybe I should just stay with him for a while!" I screech. She's been getting on my nerves and it's about time she got over herself.

"Maybe you should!" She yells back. This time I'm the one frozen in my tracks.

I snatch up my phone and dial Spencer's number.

"Hello?"

"Oh real fuckin mature!"

"Yea? What's going on?"

"Your girlfriend needs a place to stay for the next few days she's being a fucking asshole and won't just be happy for me for once in her life"

"I'll be there in a minute" he sighs and hangs up.

"ONCE IN MY LIFE?! LAVENDER YOU THINK YOU'RE SO PRETTY AND GORGEOUS AND EVERYONE WANTS YOU WELL GUESS WHAT!? EVER SINCE 8TH GRADE EVERY GUY I HOOKED YOU UP WITH WAS ONE OF MY EX FUCK FRIENDS AND YOU SLEPT WITH ALL OF THEM! YOU GOT MY SECONDS! I'M THE PRETTY ONE!! I'M THE CUTE ONE! YOU'RE THE UGLY FRIEND THAT GETS THE HAND-ME-DOWNS NOT ME!! Not me" she sobs out.

Ouch. Alright. Fire with fire as they say.

"Then why is it that I have a date with Harry and you're stuck here thinking dirty thoughts about him while screwing your own damn boyfriend?"

-

OOOOOOHHHH SNAP! Well this was not how I planned this chapter honestly, what do you think of everyone's new attitude? What will Lavender tell Tommo? What will Matty do to ruin L? What'll Spencer do to stop her?HOW WILL MARCEL AND LAVENDER'S DATE GOOOO???

All these questions... Will be answered.... Soon.

Tbh I haven't left this bed all day XD Ciao! moi ;*