Chapter Forty One

(A/N: The photo that is attached is the photo that is being described during this chapter)

April's POV

*2 days later*

A knocking sound echoed around my almost silent bedroom. I sighed and mumbled a 'come in' and waited for whoever it was to stroll into the room.

I watched as the door handle twisted and Belle walked through the door holding something that looked like a picture frame in her hands. She smiled at me and sat down on the bed in front of me.

"Michael told me what happened the other week.. Are you okay?" She asked.

"I guess. Luke texted me from Michael's phone and said that he was mistaken and Michael wasn't to blame for any of this. I didn't reply because how could I trust them now? for all I know they could have all been in on this and they could be lying to me by denying it" I sighed and looked down at my pale hands.

Belle sighed and didn't say anything for a few moments. The silence of my bedroom came back and it became awkward very quickly. I looked up and noticed that she was looking down at the frame that was in her hands.

"I know that they have reputation as bad boy's but I'm being serious, Michael wouldn't do something like that. Luke wouldn't do that either and I'm pretty sure that Ashton wouldn't either. Honestly, I don't know Calum that well so I don't know if he would but I hope he wouldn't" Belle mumbled.

"When Michael and I were.. Dating he would always look at this photo of us-" She turned the photo around and I finally saw it. It was when we went to Disney land a few months ago, we had bought matching sparkly ears and it was one of the best days ever.

"He would always stare at you. He'd always mumble about how beautiful you look and I'm almost certain that he likes you" she smirked.

"Now, if Michael likes you.. why would he want to hurt you?" She asked rhetorically.

I gasped and placed my hands over my mouth as I fell into realisation. Michael didn't do it. I've been blaming the wrong person all week.. He wasn't lying to me, he was telling the truth.

"Even if he does like me back, I couldn't date him because he's your ex and Luke's best friend" I mumbled a few seconds later.

"Like you back? You like Michael?!" She asked excitedly.

I sighed and nodded. Belle squealed and started clapping and cheering. I furrowed my eyebrows as I stared at her like she was some freak. She laughed it off and started cooing seconds later. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 

"So what if I do?" I asked

"What do you mean so what?! This is amazing! You should totally go for it" Belle replied. 

"Shut up. You know that Aaron wouldn't let me.. especially after this" I sighed and looked down at the purple bed sheets. 

"Fuck him-" I cut her off instantly. 

"I'd rather not" I smirked. 

"Ugh.. you're so immature!" she whined dramatically. 

"Anyway.. even if I did ignore Aaron and go for it, I could still potentially end up getting hurt again and then Aaron gets to say 'I told you so' I just have to shut these feelings down for good, it probably won't work out" I sighed. 

"Alright-y then. Whatever you say!" She winked and left the room.

I stared in confusion at the wooden door and I hoped that she would come back in and explain what she meant.. 

Why was she being so cool about this?

Michael is her ex boyfriend! 

You're not supposed to date your sisters ex's.. right?