Chapter Forty Six

April's POV

"Happy Birthday" I hugged Emma as she took the gift that I was holding in my hands and she mumbled a small thank you in response and dragged me further into the large room which was illuminated with disco lights with music filling the atmosphere.

"Ashton's here. Why is he here?" She panicked.

"I invited him so you can make a damn move" I smirked as I spotted Ashton staring at Emma's small figure that was covered by a tight black dress that hugged her body in all of the right places.

"He's checking you out" I winked.

"Michael is coming what do I do?" She hissed.

"Stay calm, they're lovely"

She rolled her eyes and wore an awkward smile on her face which caused me to laugh. Michael greeted us both and we shared a bit of small talk before Michael told Emma that Ashton wanted to meet her outside.

"She's going to be happy when she finds him" Michael snorted and nodded his head in agreement.

Calum and Luke caught my eye as they were both spinning in circles in the middle of the room and all of the guests had surrounded the two of them and cheered as the two of them danced to the beat of the loud music.

"Why don't you go and join them? That's how you dance" I smirked.

Michael's eyebrows raised as he let a low chuckle escape from his plump lips. I smiled and returned my attention to the two boys who were still dancing like idiots.

"You- uh- You look beautiful, by the way" he mumbled.

I gasped sarcastically and looked up at the blonde boy. He folded his arms and gave me a questioning glance.

"Did Michael Clifford just compliment me?" I smirked.

"Maybe. Don't get used to it" I rolled my eyes and looked down at my pale heels.

Emma and Ashton reentered the room, their hands were intertwined and they wore matching smiles as they approached the two of us. I was happy for the two of them for finally getting together.

Jordan and Oliver approached the four of us and I watched Emma stiffen. They had broken up last year because they lost feelings for each other. It was strange watching them go from love to nothing more than friends.

"Happy Birthday" The two boys mumbled.

Emma thanked them and walked away with Ashton slowly trailing behind her. Jordan gave me a wide smile whilst Oliver stared at the ground.

"You look stunning by the way" Jordan smirked and looked me up and down.

Michael's arm wrapped around my waist and I felt him get closer to me. I shrugged it off and started a casual conversation with the two of them.

*

"I don't like that Jordan. He looked at my girl like that." Michael growled and leant down to kiss my neck.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened in shock. Michael clamped his hand over his mouth and his green eyes were filled with shock and fear.

His girl??

"S-Sorry, I have to go" he mumbled before storming away.

I yelled his name multiple times and tried to shove through the crowd. I spotted the tall boy grabbing his friends and leaving through the wide doors.

I instantly felt defeated.