Chapter Eight

Belle's POV

"Mum, can you drive me to Maria's house?" I asked as I stumbled into the kitchen, struggling to walk in the black heels I had chosen to wear tonight.

"Alright. Woah- are you going to be comfortable in that?" She asked as she grabbed her car keys from the marble counter.

I nodded and rolled my eyes as I headed over to the front door. The door almost hit me in the face when it suddenly flew open, my jaw dropped as April appeared in the doorway. She looked confused but I shrugged it off and pushed past her.

"What the hell is your problem?" She asked.

I turned around and spotted April storming towards me with her arms folded. I glared at her before climbing into the front seat of mum's car. I waited impatiently for her to get into the car.

"You're such a bitch! Treat my mum with some respect okay? She doesn't deserve the attitude, especially from someone like you." April growled.

"Shut up April. Nobody cares about you or what you have to say, now go inside and cry yourself to sleep like you do every night because your such a big fat baby!" I shouted.

"Hey! I think you should shut up, April is not fat! And she isn't a baby, she's entitled to her own opinion and I just so happen to agree with her! She's a better sister than you ever were" Aaron spat.

"Just fuck off" I flipped them both off and gave them a fake smile as mum reversed out of the driveway and we began the short car journey to Maria's house.

Mum kept trying to start a conversation with me but I ignored her, she wasn't my real mum and she didn't need to act like one. I was better off without one.

"Bye" I slammed the car door and strutted up the driveway.

My finger pressed the doorbell and I heard the quiet chime coming from the inside. A girl that I didn't recognise opened the door and moved away so that I could walk inside.

"I'm Belle, who are you?" I asked the girl.

I folded my arms and furrowed my eyebrows when she didn't reply and kept her gaze locked on the ground. She had brown curly hair and her makeup was perfect, it made her blue eyes stand out.

"Excuse me, don't ignore me" I spat.

"You told me not to talk to you, look at you or even be near you! I'm breaking two of those rules already!" She protested but never looked up from the ground.

"Maria?" I asked in disbelief.

She nodded her head and I gasped. The black dress that she was wearing complimented her figure and hugged her curves in all of the right places and the black heels she was wearing made her legs look longer.

"You look so pretty" she smiled and thanked me.

"Do you want to hang with us?" I asked politely.

"R-really?" I nodded and she lead me over to our friends who were surrounding the alcohol covered island.

"Who's your friend Belle?" Luke smirked.

"Luke, this is Maria" his eyes widened as I introduced him to the girl he barely knew.

Luke awkwardly walked away to probably dance with some other girls who had attended the party. Calum handed me a red solo cup that was filled with scotch. I didn't care about the small burning sensation I was getting because all I wanted to do right now was let loose and have fun.

*

"Hey pretty lady!" Michael smirked as he took my hand in his and pulled me closer to him.

His hands rested on my hips and we swayed to the loud music. I was quite drunk but I'm glad that I knew who I was dancing with. Michael was very good looking and very mysterious, I wouldn't mind it if we ended up hooking up later.