Chapter Sixteen

April's POV

*2 months later*

I ran my fingers through my blonde hair and stared at my reflection. I debated with myself whether I should tie my hair up or not. After about five minutes of arguing with myself I reached for the black hair bobble that was laying on my desk.

I quickly french braided a small part of my hair and tied a clear elastic around the end of it. I pulled a few strands of my hair away from my ponytail and wrapped the bobble around the larger amount of hair. I took a piece from the ponytail and wrapped it around the bobble and secured it with a bobby pin.

I curled the ends of my ponytail and loosened the curls with my fingers. My basic makeup was already completed which consisted of foundation, concealer, eyeliner and mascara with a pale lipstick.

Mum knocked on my bedroom door and gave me a small smile and she didn't move from the doorway. She looked curious but I was afraid to ask what she wanted.

"Belle has gone to a party, do you possibly know who's party it was?" She asked after a few awkward moments.

"Probably Michael's" I shrugged.

"Aaron went as well.." I nodded and let a sigh escape my lips.

"Did you not want to go?" She asked.

"No. But even if I did, I wasn't invited." She gave me a sad smile before nodding and leaving me alone again.

My white iPhone buzzed crazily on my bedside table which caused me to become curious as I stepped closer to it. I picked the phone up and scrolled through my multiple lock screen notifications from my best friend.

From:Jordan x
APRIL

From:Jordan x
ANSWER ME YOU LITTLE SHIT

From:Jordan x
DONT MAKE ME COME OVER THERE YOUNG LADY!!

To:Jordan x
What the hell crawled up your ass :/

From:Jordan x
DON'T :/ ME!!!!

To:Jordan x
I regret checking my phone.

From:Jordan x
COME OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW

To:Jordan x
What the fuck? Why are you outside?!

I spotted my white converse and forced my feet into them and grabbed a black hoody and headed out of the house without changing from my blue PINK tank top and my grey sweatpants.

"What?" I groaned as I climbed into the passenger seat of his silver BMW.

From: Ashton Irwin
Come to Michael's house and retrieve your siblings!! Fucking hell Belle just threw a beer bottle at Luke. Please hurry :((

Jordan looked at my phone and read the message and he started the car and quickly sped off towards Michael's house. Luckily he knew where it was as I had never been there before.

*

"Go find Aaron, I'll get Belle" I nodded and pushed through the large crowds to try and find my step brother. I bumped into someone and apologised before shoving past them and searching again.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion when I couldn't find anyone that I knew. I was pretty sure we were at the right place since I had seen a family photo of Michael and his parents when he was younger.

"Didn't think this was your scene, Edwards." I looked up and spotted the brown hair.

"It isn't. Do you know where Aaron is?" I asked.

"Hey, don't worry about your siblings. Have a drink, stay a while maybe? I'd love to get to know you" Calum smirked.

My eyes widened in surprise as the words rolled off his tongue with ease. He didn't look drunk at all.. Maybe he was tipsy.. Why would Calum Hood want to get to know someone like me?.

"..No. No I can't, I'm sorry" I mumbled and looked around in attempt to spot the freckled boy.

"Why not?" He questioned.

"Look, Luke I'm here to find my siblings and take them home. I didn't come here by choice! I didn't come here to get to know Calum Hood!" He chewed on his lower lip and nodded then lowered his head.

"..Sorry for bothering you. I won't do it again" he mumbled almost inaudibly because of the loud music blaring from the giant speakers.

I smiled weakly and apologised to him, I tapped his arm gently and walked away from the extremely good looking boy. I heard my brother's name being yelled and I quickly followed the sound.

Aaron was standing on the wooden dining table with a large bottle of WKD in his hand. I gasped when he stumbled and almost fell off the table but sighed in relief when he regained his balance and then almost hit his head on the small chandelier.

"Aaron if you throw one more bottle I'll fucking kill you, you little gremlin!" Michael yelled.

Aaron didn't look intimidated, instead he decided to throw the half empty bottle of WKD at the wall. The blue substance spilled onto the wall and dripped down and created a puddle on the floor.

"You fu-" I cut Michael off by shoving him away which he probably wasn't happy about.

"Aaron! Get down from there right now!" I shouted and immediately felt like his parent or carer.

"Hmm.. No!" He shouted and began to dance awkwardly on top of the table.

"Aaron I'm being serious!" I shouted and became more infuriated by the second.

Luke and Ashton strolled into the small room moments later and froze when they spotted the current situation. Aaron was thrusting into the air and if anyone walked past they would be able to identify that he was wasted.

"AARON GET DOWN FROM THERE RIGHT NOW!" I repeated, louder than before.

"Make me!" He shouted back.

I growled and shook my head before clenching my fists a few times and I looked at the three boys who had amused looks plastered on their faces except Michael's was mixed with an angry expression.

I hoped that Jordan was having better luck with Belle..

"AARON GET THE FUCK DOWN FROM THAT FUCKING TABLE RIGHT NOW YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHITHEAD!" I yelled.

I blushed as I realised that I had just lashed out in front of three of the "bad boys" at our school. They looked impressed which I ignored as I gripped Aarons wrist and pulled him towards me.

He sighed in defeat and used my shoulders to balance himself as he climbed down from the table. He laced his fingers with mine seconds later which made me screw my face up in disgust.

"I-I love youuuuu" he sang into my ear.

I slapped him and regretted it as soon as it had happened. Luckily he just giggled and said goodbye to the three boys as he waited for me to lead him out of the overcrowded house.

"I'm sorry about them" I laughed awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it" Ashton smiled.

I said goodbye to them and dragged Aaron out of the house and noticed that Jordan was sitting in the car with Belle sitting in the back seat. Her mouth was moving but I couldn't make out what she was saying.

*

"Thank you" I sighed in relief once we pulled back up to our house.

"Why did you slap Aaron?" My eyes widened in horror.

"How do you know that I did that?" I asked.

"There's a hand print on his cheek" I looked at Aaron and spotted the red mark on his cheek and blushed furiously.

"He shouldn't have been acting like a child" I shrugged.