Chapter Forty Nine

April's POV

"Why are you here?" I asked, still in shock.

"I wanted to apologise" Michael whispered and handed the flowers to me.

I blushed and thanked him and moved towards my desk to place the flowers down. He was still smiling and continued to stare at me which made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Aaron actually allowed me to come up here" he chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

"He did? He hates you" I snorted.

"Thanks for sugarcoating it" he rolled his eyes playfully.

I smiled and shuffled my feet on the wooden floor. I awkwardly twisted my body and gazed out of the window before coughing to try and break the awkward silence that had fallen upon us.

"I came here because I needed too talk- well not talk. Sing to you" he walked out of my bedroom and picked up his acoustic guitar and put the strap around his shoulder.

He began to play the chords to Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings, the only difference was that he played it slower and sang it more softly. It made my heart race that he remembered that it was one of my favourite songs.

"Run, baby, run
Don't ever look back
They'll tear us apart if you give them the chance
Don't sell your heart, don't say we're not meant to be
Run, baby, run, forever we'll be
You and me"

His green eyes stared into mine as he sang the rest of the words to the small part of the song that he had decided to sing to me.

"Check yes, Juliet
I'll be waiting
Wishing, wanting yours for the taking
Just sneak out and don't tell a soul goodbye
Check yes, Juliet
Here's the countdown:
3, 2, 1, now fall in my arms now
They can change the locks, don't let them change your mind"

"I'll be your Romeo if you will be my Juliet" he blushed.

It took me a few moments to snap myself out of my thoughts. He stared at me and his green eyes suddenly began to look duller, his smile almost disappeared and I knew what he was thinking.

"Mikey" I whispered and smiled.

His smile returned as I stepped closer to him and threw myself into his arms. Tears of joy streamed down my cheeks as I replayed the moment in my head.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. His stubble felt amazing against my lips.

His smile widened and he wrapped his arms around my torso, my arms hooked around his neck and I buried my face into his chest and inhaled his strong cologne.

I smiled contently and listened to his rapid heart beat and from that moment I knew he felt the same way as I did. Michael's heart beat was so comforting.

"I-I really like you, April" he whispered, almost inaudibly.

I smiled as I heard his words. He finally admitted his feelings. He really did like me. This was really happening.

"Michael.. I really like you too" I mumbled into his chest.

I swear I felt his heart beginning to beat faster. I smiled as I knew that mine was beating just as fast.