Chapter Forty Four

April's POV

"Sweetie, can you go with Aaron to take Sam to the vets please?" Tim asked.

I nodded and left my room for the first time in a few days. When I found out that it was Calum it was overwhelming. I would never have thought that he would sink so low to get some revenge over something as stupid as a few words.

Aaron gave me a sympathetic smile and handed Sam's lead over to me and I watched the Labrador stroll further ahead. Sam seemed to be so carefree and he was an amazing dog, he was my best friend.

"You gave me the lead because you knew he would do this, didn't you?" Aaron smirked and nodded his head as I kept trying to stop Sam from rushing off and dragging me behind him.

I opened the glass door and held it open for my step brother. Sam dragged me towards the front desk and instantly started barking at other animals that were in the waiting room with their owners.

The tanned female behind the desk gave us a welcoming smile and gestured over to the waiting room in the other half of the vets where dogs were allocated. I don't know why it was separate but I didn't bother to question it.

"Luke?" I asked.

The blonde boy was sitting on one of the plastic chairs with his dog, Molly sitting on the floor in front of his feet. Sam and Molly were barking at each other which drew attention to us from other people.

"Hey Molly!" I stroked the dog's soft fur and kissed her nose.

"Is she okay?" I asked and noticed that Aaron had moved to the other side of the waiting room with Sam.

"Mum thinks she might have worms.. Its better to get her checked out" he chuckled and stroked Molly's fur.

"Oh no, I hope she's okay" I pouted and sat down beside my ex boyfriend.

"I hope you're okay" he mumbled.

"I'm over it, are you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just.. Not over you" my green eyes widened as I stared at him in disbelief.

"I still feel love every time I see your face" I furrowed my eyebrows at the familiar words.

"Did you just quote Little Mix?" He snorted and smiled at me.

"Yes. Its true though" I blushed and gave him a reasurring smile.

"Michael wins right?" He sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked clueless.

He sighed and shook his head before changing the subject. What did he mean and why won't he tell me?..

"Molly" A small woman mumbled.

Luke gave me a small smile before standing up and leading his dog into the veterinarian's room. I sighed and shuffled over to my brother and rested my head on his shoulder whilst he stroked Sam's fur.

Michael wins what?