Chapter Fifty Seven

April's POV

*1 year later *

After I had showered and dried myself, Belle had made a start on curling my hair whilst I did my makeup carefully. I put on some lip gloss and smiled when I noticed that my sister was looking at me in the reflection of the mirror.

"I can't believe that my baby sister is getting married" she smiled.

She didn't say step sister for the first time ever.

"You look so beautiful" she gushed.

"I haven't even got my dress on yet" I snorted and watched her put the curling iron down.

"Shut up, get ready whilst I go and shower" I nodded and she left the room quietly.

I sighed and clipped some of my freshly curled hair up so that it was out of my face. I loosened the curls with my fingers and looked at my reflection for a few minutes.

In a few hours I will be Mrs April Clifford.

*

"Woah" I turned around and spotted Aaron in the doorway.

I smiled in response and twirled a little bit. I felt like a princess whilst I was in this dress. I hated the rule that you couldn't see the bride before the wedding because I'd do anything to see Michael.

I love him so much.

"Michael's a really lucky man" he smiled and took my hand.

"You look beautiful" he whispered.

I thanked him and hugged him.

We headed downstairs and I greeted everyone who was waiting downstairs which was just my immediate family at the moment. We took hundreds of photographs which took a while to do since everyone was messing around. Since Emma and Ashton were already married, she had decided to get ready with him. 

I was lead out to the car and Tim climbed in and sat beside me and tried to calm me down as I was getting anxious and becoming extremely nervous. I just wanted everything to go well.

*

I heard the organ begin to play the traditional song for weddings and I smiled at Tim as he linked my arm with his and lead me down the isle towards the love of my life.

Michael's eyes were locked on mine as I approached him. Wide smiles were spread across both of our faces and my heart was beating wildly in my chest. I noticed the way that Michael looked at me, my mum was right. His green eyes are always filled with pure love whenever he looks at me and that feels amazing. 

The officiant began speaking and I could barely hear him, I was lost in Michael's eyes.

I snapped out of my daydream and listened to what the officiant was still talking about.

"Do you, Michael Gordon Clifford take April Rose Edwards to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" he replied and smiled.

"And do you, April Rose Edwards take Michael Gordon Clifford to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do" I replied.

"You may now kiss the bride"

Michael wrapped his arms around my waist and his lips attached to mine in an enchanting kiss. We pulled away and smiled at each other. Our fingers laced together and we were lead into another room to sign the papers.

*

We climbed into the marriage car and waved to everyone who was standing beside the car before we began to drive to the venue where the after party was being held.

"You look perfect by the way, Mrs Clifford" Michael smirked and kissed my temple.

"And you look stunning, Mr Clifford" I snorted.

"God, I love you" He whispered and turned my head with his finger and placed his lips against mine.