Chapter Forty Five

A/N there's a large jump in the book now since I don't want it to be extremely long. It won't be ending yet though, thanks for reading! Also I'm sorry for not updating in like forever I've just been so busy with school.

ASHTON AND LUKE GOT A HAIRCUT ASFGHKSHSS I FEEL SO ATTACKED RN.

April's POV

-1 Year Later-

My name was yelled from the other end of the school hallway, distracting me from trying to find my books that I needed for my next lesson.

"Oh my god" I gasped as Ashton turned the corner.

Ashton didn't shout me but as soon as I turned my head he was in my view. His usually long golden curls had been cut off and his hair was now a lot shorter than I was used to.

"He's so cute" I jumped as soon as I heard the words being spoken from Emma's red lips.

"Go and talk to him! Or I'll do it for you" I winked and closed my locker, completely forgetting about my books.

"You wouldn't dare" she hissed.

"Did you just say dare?" I asked sarcastically.

I smirked and began to walk away from her in the direction that Ashton strolled off in. The slightly tanned boy was standing beside Calum and Michael. Calum had a lit cigarette between his lips and kept releasing puffs of smoke every so often.

"Hey April" Michael waved and ushered me to go to them.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I checked it whilst I slowly walked towards the three boys. It was Emma. I smirked as I opened the message and began to type a reply.

To:Emma
I'll put in a good word. I know things..

Things such as Ashton is literally head over heels in love with Emma. I'm good at keeping secrets as I've known this for almost 9 months now and I haven't cracked. I wonder why Ash hasn't done anything though.

"R.I.P Ashton's long hair" I pretended to cry on Michael's shoulder and I felt his arm wrap around my waist.

"I needed a hair cut" Ashton whined and ran his slender fingers through his short curls.

"Will you ask Emma out already?! Every time you walk by she's lost in her thoughts and she mumbles things about you being 'so cute'." Calum snorted and put out his cigarette.

"Hey guys" Luke greeted.

I'm glad that we're all friends again. Although last year was extremely traumatic I'm honestly glad that everything has been resolved and that we have all forgiven each other.

Luke and I are still slightly awkward since he had admitted his feelings to me again but I didn't feel the same. I really wish I did because it hurt seeing him so sad and I hated rejecting people but I couldn't pretend to like him as more than a friend since it would probably end up hurting both of us.

I've developed stronger feelings for his bright haired friend though.. Luke luckily understood and he supports me with my decision. Hopefully, he's gotten over his feelings but there is always an awkward tension between us and I'd do anything for that to disappear.

"Incoming" Calum coughed.

I looked to the left of us and saw that my sister was strutting towards us. I had almost forgotten that Michael's arm was draped around my waist until he decided to tighten his grip and startle me by doing so.

"Hey losers" Belle smirked and flicked her hair over her shoulder.

"Hey Belle" Ashton and Luke mumbled awkwardly.

"April, mum said that we can't go home straight after school because she's having someone over who's interviewing her" she shrugged.

"Oh, awesome! You can come with us back to Mikey's and we can play Call Of Duty" Luke cheered.

"I would but I'm hanging out with the girls" Belle replied.

"We weren't asking you" Calum mumbled.

Belle scoffed and stomped away making the five of us burst into hysterical laughter.