Chapter Twelve

April's POV

"Am I adopted?" I asked.

I looked towards Aaron who gave me a reassuring smile and a nod. My mum still hasn't said anything and I was fearing the worst. Had she really lied to me for almost 17 years of my life?

"April, I'm sorry. I honestly didn't want to tell you like this and I certainly didn't plan on telling you yet anyway. Why are you suspecting this anyway?" She asked changing the subject.

"Belle said I was adopted, so am I?" I asked.

"Y-Yes."

My jaw dropped but I immediately covered my mouth with my hand and I felt my bottom lip beginning to tremble a little. Mum stood up and walked over to me before embracing me. It took everything in me not to cry whilst I was in her arms.

"Belle told everyone she was adopted" Aaron mumbled.

"What?" Tim asked.

"She stomped over to us and called us a couple then I protested against her and said that April is our sister and then she started telling April that she wasn't our sister and that she was adopted. I argued back and said that April is still our sister and then she announced it to the whole cafeteria" Aaron finished.

Just hearing the whole thing again made me want to cry. It was such an awful way to be told something like that. I wished that my mum would have told me earlier in life so that I wouldn't have lived my life thinking that I was genetically hers.

"April, I'm so sorry you went through this. I'm sorry for keeping this a secret but I just didn't want you to know yet, I would have loved it if you were my child but I was infertile. Either way I would have still ended up with the perfect little girl" I smiled weakly and decided to head up to my room to think everything through.

"Hey! Is she taking you back to the adoption centre yet?" Belle smirked.

I heard obnoxious laughter coming from behind her. I flipped her off before going into my bedroom and slamming my bedroom door. I wish everything was the way it was before, I wish Belle would stop acting like she's the best. I just wish I could change everything.

Belle has become so conceited recently and nobody knows why she suddenly decided to become popular. I know that she's pretty but I guess she just decided to be confident.. Just in the wrong ways.

My phone buzzed in my hands and I saw that I had a new kik message from someone, when I read the username I was surprised. Why would Michael message me?.

From:XMichaelCliffordX
Hey, are you okay? I hope your not sad like earlier, it sucked seeing you like that :( x

To:XMichaelCliffordX
I could be better I guess.. But I'm not as bad as earlier. Thanks for asking though :)

From:XMichaelCliffordX
This probably isn't any of my business but did you find out the truth?

To:XMichaelCliffordX
Yeah.. I'm adopted x

From:XMichaelCliffordX
How do you feel about that? Xxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
Okay, I guess. It sucks that I found out like this but being adopted isn't so bad, at least someone took me in. I just wish that everyone who has been put up for adoption finds happiness. X

From:XMichaelCliffordX
That made me smile.. I'm in too deep ;) xxxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
Shut up.

From:XMichaelCliffordX
You know you want the cliffoconda ;) xxxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
What the fuck...

From:XMichaelCliffordX
Send me a picture of how ready you are for me baby ;) xxxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
You sex crazed pervert! Fuck off Michael Clifford. I'm not going to be one of your little hook ups. I have better standards than that! Your just an insensitive dickhead!

From:XMichaelCliffordX
Come on babe, don't be like that xxxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
Don't call me babe. I'm not your babe!

From:XMichaelCliffordX
I'm sorry, I just wanted to lighten the mood babe:( xxxx

To:XMichaelCliffordX
I actually thought you cared. I thought you were genuinely bothered about my feelings. Looks like I was wrong huh? My brother was right. I should stay away from you, all four of you.

From:XMichaelCliffordX
Aye, I do care!

To:XMichaelCliffordX
You and I both know that, that is complete bullshit!!

From:XMichaelCliffordX
Whattt? Noooo it isnt!!!

To:XMichaelCliffordX
Fuck off Michael. Go and fuck one of your little sluts, maybe you could choose my sister? Since she's probably your favourite. For all I know you could be using me to get to Belle! You probably are to be honest since we all know that she wouldn't go for someone like you whilst sober. Bye dickface.