Chapter Twenty Eight

Aaron's POV

*The next day*

I stood in the kitchen doorway after seeing April stumbling up the driveway. She didn't look drunk but she looked rough. I folded my arms and smirked as she tried to close the door quietly so that nobody would know that she snuck out.

"Morning" I smirked.

She jumped and spun around and looked like a deer in the headlights. April automatically relaxed when she saw me and flipped me off before stumbling into the kitchen to get a drink.

"What's wrong? Why are you walking weirdly?" I asked her.

April blushed and stayed quiet. It took me a few moments to fall into realisation. My jaw dropped and I immediately narrowed my eyes. I decided to question it before jumping to conclusions.

"You didn't.." I trailed off.

She nodded sheepishly and kept her head down. I clenched my fists and glared at her. How could she do that? How could she sleep with him? I didn't want him to even go near her and now she's slept with him.

"Aaron please don't be mad at me" she muttered.

"I warned you! I fucking warned you to stay away from them!" I growled.

"A-Aaron please" she whimpered.

"No! I don't want you to see him anymore. I promise you that he will hurt you!! I've heard so many things about them!" I shouted.

"How do you know that they're right? They could have made that up for all we know!" She shouted back.

"Fine, do whatever you want. If he hurts you don't come back to me" I spat and stormed upstairs.

Belle greeted me at the top of the stairs and she looked exhausted. She had bags underneath her brown eyes and she was slouching, she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly.

Belle shook her head and broke down into tears. I wrapped my arms around her and tried my best to comfort her. She hugged me back and cried into my shoulder.

The front door slammed and the two of us watched April walk down the driveway from the large window on the second floor of our house. We gave each other a worried look and sighed.

I lied to April, I would be there for her if she got hurt which she probably will since she doesn't know what Luke and his friends are really like. I felt bad but I wanted her to stay away from them.