Chapter Eighteen

April's POV

*1 week later*

Sam sat down by my feet and he looked like he was going to die from boredom. I stalked into the kitchen and opened the cupboard where we keep everything for Sam. I took out the black dog lead and headed back to him.

I clipped it to the hook on his collar and slipped my phone and my keys into the back pocket of my black skinny jeans. Sam walked ahead of me whilst I walked slower as I was attempting to clear my head from the dramatic week I had experienced.

Belle got drunk a few times which resulted in my brother and I having to look after her so that she wouldn't be too hung over the next day. She never thanked us though, as soon as she was sobered up she treated us like dirt again.

I'm scared for the day when Belle hosts a party at our house since I hate parties. I feel claustrophobic sometimes because everyone is usually grinding on each other and everyone is very drunk most of the time.

Calum had stuck to his word when he said that he wouldn't bother me anymore. Usually he asks me how my day has been when he sees me but now he doesn't even look at me. I should have been nicer to him at the party where I had to rescue my siblings.

Michael keeps glaring at me when we pass each other in the halls and its beginning to bug me. When Belle appears he would kiss her and his eyes would be locked on mine for the duration of the kiss.

Aaron had vowed to never drink again and everyone knew that he was lying instantly. He's now terrified of Michael because of how he acted at the party when he was completely wasted.

Sam snapped me out of my thoughts when he barked at another dog who had passed by. We reached the dog park and I let out a sigh of relief when I sat down on the metal bench and let Sam run around for a little bit.

"Hey April! I thought that I saw Sam!" I greeted Luke and awkwardly moved when he sat down beside me.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good. You?"

"Good" I smiled and watched Sam begin to chase his tail.

Luke's arm was draped across the back of the bench which meant that if my back was still against the bench he would have his arm around me. My heart fluttered at the thought and I couldn't stop the blush which was coming to my cheeks.

The usually warm Australian air became colder and I was stupid enough to leave my jacket at home. I shivered and hoped that Luke didn't see. Sam was still rushing around and I smiled whilst watching him enjoy himself.

I jumped when I felt something brush against my arm, I turned my head and saw Luke with a look of amusement on his face. I laughed awkwardly and turned my head back to my Labrador.

I felt something touch my arm and it was moving up and down my forearm. I turned my head slowly and saw Luke rubbing his hand against my skin. I furrowed my eyebrows and was about to question him when he pulled me across the bench and wrapped his arms around me.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered.

"You have goosebumps, I'm just trying to warm you up" he chuckled.

Something wet hit my head which made me look up. It happened again and again, Luke groaned from beside me and he must have realised that it was raining as well.

" I'll see you around Luke" I smiled and stood up from the bench and called Sam over.

I put Sam's lead back on and I was about to walk away when Luke grabbed my wrist and pulled me so that I was almost pressed against his muscular body.

"I'll walk you home" he offered and clearly wouldn't take no for an answer as he kept cutting me off until I agreed.

Luke smiled and he put his black leather jacket around my shoulders and kept his hand on the small of my back. I blushed and thanked him sheepishly.

"Won't you get cold?" I asked quietly.

"I'll be fine" he chuckled.

I noticed that he was wearing a muscle tee and I can't believe that I had never noticed how large Luke's biceps were. His creative tattoos only made him look even hotter.

*

"Thanks Luke, it was really sweet of you to walk me home" I smiled after letting Sam inside the house.

I lifted his slightly damp jacket from my shoulders and handed it back to him, our hands brushed and it felt like a rush of electricity had just flowed through my veins.

His blonde quiff was damp and now flattened due to the rain that had been falling. I smiled softly as his eyes stared back into my green ones for a few moments.

Luke began to lean in and I felt my heart beat begin to race. His lips were softer than they looked, our eyes fluttered shut and our arms slowly wrapped around each other as the kiss developed.

When he pulled away his eyes were filled with happiness and a small smile tugged on his plump lips. I blushed and we said goodbye to each other before heading our separate ways.