Chapter Forty Two

April's POV

*a few hours later*

"April Edwards! Just the girl I wanted to see!" Aaron shouted as he stumbled through the front door.

"Are you drunk?" I asked and stepped into the hallway and watched him lean against the wall beside the stair case.

He tried to convince me that he wasn't drunk but it was making me believe that he was completely wasted. Aaron's words were slurred and he often stumbled on a few of them.

"Go to bed" I ordered.

"No!" Aaron protested.

"Go. To. Bed" I spoke sternly.

"No!"

"Aaron go to bed!" Mum yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes mum" he muttered and almost fell face first against the stairs.

Luckily, I caught him before he fell. I helped him to get up the spiral staircase and I mentally cursed at whoever decided to get a spiral staircase instead of a normal set of stairs.

"Night A-April!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and left his room and entered my own. My phone was buzzing on the table which made me groan and reach out for it. It stopped buzzing once it was in my hand and I saw that my lock screen was full of notifications from Michael.

His name appeared on the screen again and I hesitated before accepting the phone call. He obviously needed to speak to me or else he wouldn't have called me about 15 times in a row.

"Were you ignoring me?" He asked instantly.

"No, Aaron was drunk and I was helping him. Anyway what do you want?" I asked with a sour tone in my voice as I pretended to hate him.

"Are you busy?"

"Maybe." I smirked.

"April, this is serious. Are you busy?!"

"No, I'm not busy. Why?" I groaned.

"Meet me by the park. I need to tell you something" he hung up and I groaned at his lack of information.

Which park? There was multiple places around the town that he could have meant. I texted him before I left and waited until he replied with the location.

*

A short walk later, I had finally reached the park. I mentally thanked myself for bringing a coat since it was really cold.. I hugged myself and strolled towards the blonde haired boy who was perched on one of the black benches that were scattered around the park.

"What?" I spat and folded my arms.

"I- I" he sighed and rubbed his pale face with his hands before sighing once again and clasping his hands together.

"I know who.. Did it" I gasped and stepped closer to the boy that was sitting in front of me.

"I don't know why he did it.. Or how he even got the photos.. The only possible answer is that he sent them to himself from Luke's phone" he mumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Who did it?!" I asked.

"Uh- it was.." He paused and looked at the grass.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the bench beside him and stared at the same patch of grass that he was staring at. I hoped that he was being dramatic but a few minutes passed quickly and he was obviously lost in his thoughts.

"Mikey!" He jumped beside me which made me laugh hysterically.

"Sorry" he mumbled and scratched the back of his neck.

"Whatever, just tell me who did it and stop wasting my time!" I growled.

"You wouldn't be doing anything else anyway, I saved you from boredom" he snorted.

"Michael" I warned.

"Fine, I'm sorry for trying to change the subject. I just can't believe that he would do something like this. I haven't told Luke yet but I'm going to tell him after I have told you-"

"Well at this rate that won't fucking happen!" I groaned.

"It will, if you let me finish" he chuckled.

"Okay, I'll just tell you now. You might not believe me but I know what I saw, I scrolled through his camera roll and spotted the photos" he paused again which made me glare at him coldly.

"It-It was Calum."