Chapter Sixty Two

April's POV

My phone buzzed on the bedside table which made me wake up. Michael's arms were wrapped around my waist and his head was buried inside his pillow and soft snores left his slightly chapped lips. He looked so angelic whilst he slept.

I reached over and unlocked my phone and squinted at the bright light of my phone screen. I noticed that it was two in the morning and I wanted to know why my daughter had texted me so early in the morning.

From: Maddie

Mum, Can you pick me and Matt up from Chloe's please?

To: Maddie

Its 2AM!

From: Maddie

I know and I'm sorry but Chloe threw a party and I didn't know about it until everyone showed up and some guy keeps following me around and is trying to have his way with me. Please help me mum :( xx

To: Maddie

I'll be right there, Stay with Matt and wait for me outside okay? xxx

From: Maddie

Okay xx

I got up out of the bed quietly and pulled on some black leggings and one of Michael's shirts with a pair of converse. I tied my hair up into a loose bun and rubbed my eyes before getting my phone and shoving it into the pocket of my coat that I had just put on.

"baby? where are you going?" Mikey whispered as he woke up from his slumber.

"Madison and Matt need me to pick them up from a party" I rolled my eyes and he sighed.

"Be safe princess, I love you" He leant up for a kiss and I quickly gave him one before leaving the house.

*

"Sorry that you had to come and pick us up mum" Matt mumbled.

"It's fine, I'd do anything for your safety." I smiled at them both in the rear view mirror and began to drive back to our large house.

*

"Where are Chloe's parents anyway?" I asked as we entered the house.

"On a cruise" Maddie replied before rushing upstairs with her brother close behind.

I rolled my eyes and locked the front door before stumbling back upstairs and climbed back into bed with my husband who obviously acknowledged my presence as his arms wrapped around me and he kissed my head.

"I love you" he whispered.

I turned over to face him and kissed his lips slowly before mumbling it back. His green eyes sparkled in the moon light that was coming through the gap in the curtains.

"I can't believe how fast they're growing up" Michael mumbled.

"I know. Its scary to think about how fast time is going" I replied.

"I wish time would slow down so that I could enjoy moments with you and the kids for longer. I love everything about you and you never leave my thoughts, I hate it when we're away from each other because I get this pain in my chest. I love you so much. I may have said this for the last I don't know how many years but its true, you're my everything."

I smiled and buried my head into his chest and felt the warmth radiating off of him. He placed a kiss to the top of my head and ran his arms down my sides.

"Stop being so cute, so early in the morning" I yawned.