Chapter Six

April's POV

*2 days later *

I felt my heart sink every time I saw Belle hanging around with Michael's group. She was flirting and it was extremely obvious. Her hand was placed on Michael's shoulder and she was laughing at everything they said.

If Michael was in my year I wouldn't have to worry about them getting together and I wouldn't get jealous when she flirted with them. I sighed as I decided to walk away so that I could get away from the horrible feeling.

"Hey" Aaron groaned.

"Hi" I mumbled.

"What's up?"

Oh nothing, I just realised that I have no shot with the boy I like.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I replied and shoved my bag into my locker.

"We have that assembly today don't we?" He asked, adjusting one of his bag straps.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

I closed my locker and leaned against it. Kieran and Oliver approached us and we talked about anything that came up until the bell rang signalling the start of an unimportant assembly.

"Bye baby" I heard Belle say, she kissed Ashton's cheek before walking away.

Aaron, Kieran and Oliver had left for the assembly already which meant I had to walk there alone. I kept my gaze on the ground and watched my black doc martins move with every step I took.

Something large and hard stopped me in my tracks. I looked up and realised I had just crashed into Luke Hemmings. He smiled at me and I apologised awkwardly before moving around him. He grabbed my wrist in his hand and pulled me back to him.

He bent down slightly and threw me over his shoulder. He had a tight grip on my legs which meant I couldn't kick him as hard as I wanted too. I hit my fists against his back and ordered him to put me down which he disobeyed.

I felt something cold underneath my legs and noticed that I was now sitting on top of one of the schools black metal bins, it was quite tall which meant I was taller than Luke at the moment.

"I like this height difference" I laughed.

Luke rolled his eyes playfully and let a low chuckle escape his soft looking lips. He took my hands in his and smiled at me. I couldn't help the warm feeling that I was getting. My heart was beating even faster when he smiled at me again.

"So why did you bring me.. Here?" I asked whilst looking around.

"Don't worry about that princess" my jaw dropped involuntarily at the name that Luke Hemmings called me.

Ashton and Calum suddenly appeared and the three of them were now standing around the bin with their backs to me. I leaned back so that I was against the wall.

I kicked my black doc martins against the bin a few times and kept doing it until one of them explained why I was here.

"April. Will. You. Stop. Kicking. The. Fucking. Bin" Ashton growled.

I narrowed my eyes at him and kicked it once more. Accidentally, I used too much force and my foot involuntarily kicked Calum in the back. He turned to face me with a questioning glance on his face.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

I heard Luke snort which made me smirk as Calum turned back around and folded his arms. I sighed and rested my head in my hands. Ashton turned to me and gave me a warm smile which was different to his attitude a few minutes ago.

"Can I go now, please?" I whined.

"Michael's here now"

I looked up and saw the boy I had fallen for approaching us. My heart beat raced as I watched him get closer to the four of us. Michael smirked as he stopped in front of us.

"Hello April Edwards" I rolled my eyes and mumbled a 'hello'.

"So, your sister is very pretty."

"Do you think she would date me?" He asked.

"Probably. She's a bit of a slut, she'd go for anyone" I shrugged.

"That's not very nice to say about your sister" he smirked.

"She's not even my actual sister. We're only 'related' by marriage!" I protested.

"She's feisty, isn't she guys?" They all nodded in agreement and I was tempted to kick them all.

"Can I go now? I answered your question" he nodded and shoved Luke forward.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but then felt him wrap his arms around my waist and he lifted me up before placing me back down on the ground. His hands lingered and his brown eyes stared into mine for a few seconds.

"Bye" he chuckled.

I smiled and headed to the bleachers, hopefully I would be able to sneak into the assembly without being caught.