Chapter Five

April's POV

*2 weeks later*

"Aaron, you said that this would stop" I sighed as we approached our house.

"I thought it would. I can't believe that dad made us get out of the cad so Belle's friends could have a ride" he growled and kicked a stone that was on the ground.

"Aaron and April Edwards, pleasure seeing you here" the boy I knew as Ashton spoke up. He was leaning against a brick wall that leads down an alleyway which is a shortcut to get to the pizzaria.

"Go away Ashton" Aaron spat.

"What if I don't want too" he chuckled.

Ashton's sleeveless denim jacket was definitely tempting me to go to him, his large biceps were slightly tensed and I bit my lip at the sight which made me feel weak in the knees.

"Just leave us alone" Aaron mumbled before dragging me away from the extremely good looking boy.

"Why are they all so hot?" I thought out loud.

Aaron looked at me crazily before smacking my arm playfully and giving me a warning look. I sighed and looked at the ground. He put his arm around my shoulder and we finally got inside our house.

"Apparently they are fuckboys" I almost choked on nothing as I heard those words erupt from Aaron's mouth.

He nodded as he noticed my look of disbelief. I knew that they were the school 'bad boys' but they didn't seem that bad.. I haven't actually had a proper conversation with any of them but they seem..okay.

Belle came waltzing in with three popular girls following her, it was kind of like mean girls except Belle wasn't exactly mean. She gave us both a warm smile before the four of them rushed upstairs. The annoying sound of their heels clacking against the staircase was the only thing that I could hear.

"Aaron, Mr Holland called today. Apparently you have a detention tomorrow after school?" My mum asked.

"Y-Yeah.. I don't want to talk about it though" he mumbled and ran out of the kitchen.

*

Laura, Hayley and Sarah had left and it was now the five of us sitting around the dining table and it seemed quite awkward. The occasional words were spoken between my mum and Tim but nobody else seemed to speak up.

"So-uh how was school?" Tim asked.

My head was leant against the palm of my hand and I pushed around the remaining contents of my meal with my fork. When we were asked this question I looked up for a second but looked back down when Aaron was looking at me.

"Uh-" I started but got cut off.

"It was so great! Oh my god, right. Vicky told Hannah who told Kayla who told Michelle who told Erica who told Sasha who told Bethany who told Laura who told me that Drake likes me! I mean it was sort of expected since I'm.. Y'know popular and everyone wants to be with me. Apparently Michael Clifford and his friends like me too" Belle sounded full of herself which is exactly what she was.

My head shot up at the sound of Michael's name and I felt my heart sink. Michael likes her? He didn't even seem interested in her when she first became popular.. So why now?

"Michael is bad news" Aaron mumbled.

"So? I think he's really cute" Belle shrugged.

"Please don't fall for him, he'll hurt you" Aaron added but for some reason his brown eyes were staring straight into my green ones.

I felt like he was talking to me and he was trying to convince me not to fall for the bad boy. That was a little too late though.. I haven't known him for long but he seems different to everyone else.