Chapter Twenty One

April's POV

-4:45pm-

I looked over my reflection once again and checked that I looked presentable. I wore light wash blue skinny jeans with a black long sleeved shirt and a red flannel that I had stolen from Aaron. I wore black doc martens which made my outfit look complete. 

My blonde hair was left wavy since I had showered and I didn't feel like using heat on it today. My makeup was natural but I had used a little bit more than I usually do. I walked down the spiral staircase and informed my mum that I was going out for a little bit.

She didn't object to it since I don't leave the house very often, only for school and the rare occasion that I hang out with my friends. I headed towards the dog park and I knew that I would spot the library as soon as I got there. 

I stood outside of the library where the random person had asked me to meet them and it was exactly 5pm. I looked around and hoped to spot someone who looked like they were waiting. I checked my phone again and realised that it was now a few minutes past 5pm. 

10 minutes had passed and I sighed in defeat. Whoever wanted to meet me didn't seem as keen as I thought.. I had been stood up by someone. What if this was all just some joke to humiliate me? I shook my head and began to cross the road. 

"April! April wait! I'm s-" the person cut himself off and when I turned around I noticed that he was doubled over and he was panting for breath. The person who was still unknown had obviously been running to get here. 

"I'm so sorry that I'm late. My brothers were questioning me" the person was now stood up and I stared straight into those sparkly blue eyes. 

Since we kissed I have been beginning to fall for Luke Hemmings. He made me feel like I had someone, he made me feel wanted by just showing small amounts of affection. 

"So it was Luke who sent the note" I mumbled to myself and smiled. 

"Yes, it was Luke" he smirked. 

"Why didn't you sign your name?" I asked.

"If I did you probably wouldn't have shown up" he mumbled and laughed.

I raised my eyebrows and stepped closer to the tall blonde boy who was blushing uncontrollably. For a bad boy he wasn't very... bad?. Luke was different to his stereotypical friend, Michael. Luke bit his lip and tugged on his black lip ring. 

"Is that what you thought?" I asked softly. 

He nodded sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck and refused to meet my gaze. I smiled to myself and stood on my tiptoes so that I could place my lips against Luke's blushing cheek. His eyes finally gazed into mine and we both smiled. 

"Of course I would've shown up! You're so sweet and adorable and I love spending time with you, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to hang out with the Luke Hemmings" he smiled at my words and laced his fingers with mine. 

"Pizza?" He asked. 

"Pizza." I confirmed. 

"Maybe Pizza should be ou-" I cut him off with a glare. 

"Don't say it" he raised his eyebrows in amusement and bent down so that he was now my height. 

"Our always" He grinned. 

I rolled my eyes playfully and we continued our short walk to the pizzeria. On the way there we spoke about ourselves so that we could get to know each other better. I never would have guessed that Luke gets straight A's in maths or that he plays guitar and can sing. 

*

"So, did you enjoy our date?" Luke asked whilst swinging our intertwined hands back and forth. 

He froze immediately and I smirked at him. He classed this as a date.. well, lucky for him I thought the same. He stuttered over his words and tried to explain himself. His useless rambling made him even cuter. 

"Luke" I cut him off. 

"Don't worry, I hoped that this was a date too" I admitted sheepishly.

"Oh, good! Great! That's amazing! No, Bril-" I cut him off again by standing on my tiptoes and kissing his lips. 

"That was a really nice way of telling me to shut up" he bit his lip and started to swing our hands again which made me laugh at his childishness. 

"I really enjoyed tonight, I loved getting to know you better. Can we do this again sometime? Y'know so that I can get to know you even better?" I nodded and we said goodnight to eachother. 

------------

A/N I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH