Game Over

Olivia's P.O.V.

   I went from bright to black within a second so I don't remember much of what happened after the spell. When I came to I was holding what looked like a bunch of small, cracked marbles and a heart with cold blue flame around it. Looking, I saw I was in Ace's arms and he was sleeping still as we were in a small cave of rubble.

    "Ace. It's over. It's really over" I let out with a strained laugh of relief. Ace didn't wake and I panicked as I shook hima bit more but he wasn't moving. I kept calling for him and shaking him but there wasn't even a twitch. Then it hit me, the heart I was holding. It was small like a child's but it must be Ace's. Pocketing the marbels I held the heart and held it to my chest, praying that it will bring back Ace. Letting my worries melt away I pressed the heart against his chest as it slowly seeped its way into his chest.

    A few seconds passed when Ace finally came through and started gasping and coughing as he shot up.

  "O-oh my god. What happened? Where am I? O-Olivia?Why is my chest like, really heavy?" Ace looked at me, a bit dazed as he hoped I had answers. I just laughed and cried as I lunged, hugging him tightly. Repeating that we really did it. We won. 

    I stumbled out of the rubble, leaning against Ace. I looked out and saw that a lot of people were dead. Both from the gang and Grey's army. This battle was a costly one. But we won. We actually won. I began laugh and cry at the same time again. Relishing in our victory, mourning our dead. Ace held me tight and I just began to let it all out.
Everyone began to cheer as soon as Ace and I walked back to them. We smiled and thanked them all. Everyone was being congratulatory but I was still worried. I couldn't find Clementine. I lost sight of her during the battle and as her mother my heart was panicking now.
Ace noticed and then took my hand to make our way out of the crowd of the gang. We began searching throughout the rubble but couldn't see anything.
All of a sudden we heard a voice. A voice calling out our names. Hurrying over we saw Fake Ace on all fours, rubble and shards of glass covering his whole back side.
I screamed and scrambled over to him with Ace.
"Are you ok?! Stay with us. Please." I begged but he only started to cough up blood, smiling at me.
"It's fine. I loved a fulfilling life even though it was short."
"No. no. Don't say that. You will live longer."
"Livia. Take her. She is ok. But...she needs her mother back." Ace said in a course voice, still smiling at me. I froze and looked under him. There I saw Clementine sleeping with the clothes she wore when she was older covering her like a blanket. I quickly took hold of my baby and held her tight. My heart filling with joy and relief of having my baby back.
Looking back at Ace my heart dropped again as I held his hand.
   "Ace. Hold on. We will get you help. I promise."
   "Liv-ia. Don't make false promises. Haha. It doesn't suit you."
"Ace bu...."
"Live strong....Livia." He forced out with all his strength. Not able to hold back I held him in my arms tightly as he placed a weak hand on my back.
"I will. I will. Ace, I love you." I said to him in between a choked up sob. He smiled and managed a nod before taking his last breath. His body went limp, and I held onto him tightly as if it would bring him back but his just started to break apart in bits of light until all that was left were clothing.

      Ace knelt besides me and rubbed my back before hugging me with Clem in my arms.

  "It is ok. He is a better place now. I am sure he won't want you crying either. I know I sure as hell wouldn't" Ace comforted me and I laughed a bit at his comment. Nodding as I relaxed against him. Relieved that he is still with me.

    "Hey you two. Are you alright?" I heard Suga say from behind. Turning Ace and I nodded, greatful to see he is ok. Despite the fact that he too sustained damage as well.

   "Heh. Good just making sure. Everyone is cleaning up now thankfully. But things can't but a bit grim still. All we can do is at least be happy about the victory to show that those who sacrifced themselves didn't go out in vain but glory." 

   I took a moment to realize why he brought that up and looked down and nodding because I remembered Romano and Ace and the many other gang memebers that came out to help. His words just gave me a sense of peace now as I smiled softly.

   "Yea, you're right. Haha. Thank you Suga."

   "It isn't a issue. So don't thank me haha." Suga grinned cheekily as he waved it off. Ah, how I admire his optimisim. I should learn a thing or two from him as well haha. 

   "I am sorry to interupt but Olivia, may I have Grey's orbs. I am going to talk with the other dieties and make sure he doesn't escape ever again." Akira came over, bowing.

   "Huh? Oh. Yea of course." reaching into my pocket I handed him  the marbles and saw them glow once they were in Akira's hold. All of them being a part of Grey seems a bit crazy to think about but I never want to see that man ever again, even one orbs that belong to him. He has caused to much suffering already.

    Once Akira flew away Suga turned towards us again, hands on his hips and beamed.

     "Well you love birds~, lets head home because we have our work cut out for us. So I think a drink or two for everyone will be good. And a nap." Suga laughed and Ace and I nodded as we laughed with him. Because that does seem good right about now. Especially rest since that is something we can all finally have.