New Year New Beginning

Olivia's P.O.V.

It was new years eve and people were excited. We were going to a shrine where there will be many booths full of games & food. Then there were the fortunes, charms, etc. Those also add fun to it. Yet some people only cared about partying at home & drinking. Which is also a fun way to celebrate new years.
Yet, no matter how bad I wanted to go, I couldn't. I'd be attacked since everyone knows about me and my family. I wonder, where is Romano is. I miss him & even though I know he is dead, I feel as if he is still alive though.
I was sitting in the room, reading with the lamps on for it was already nighttime. I was reading a book for I could not sleep, my mind wandering, when Ace came inside.
"Hey. Happy new years eve." Ace said with a smile.
"Haha. You two. How long it take for you to find this room?"
"Uuum. Half a hour. Because someone helped me later." Ace said with a smile.
"Haha. Good job." I put my book down and walked up to him, leaning up to kiss him. He kissed me back with a smile and then pulled away.
"Hey. Come with me." He said smiling.
"Where?"
"Oh. Well, there is this festival thing going on and yea, it should be fun. We always have it here in the mansion backyard. I am surprised you haven't noticed it. No one is being quiet."
"Oh. Hm. Now I hear it." I said hearing the chatter of people and then looked out the balcony to see that there really was a festival going on. It wad like the festival you see at shrines on new years. This gang is awesome!
"Wow. How come I wasn't aware of this?"
"Because you seem to be always in your thoughts. Haha."
"Look whose talking. You always daydream." I said light heartedly.
"Haha. Well, wanna go?" Ace asked.
"Yea. I need to get out anyway. This new years I won't stay in a room. Haha." I said with a smile. Yet,deep down, I was sad. I didn't want to leave this room. Casper has been missing and I miss him so much. Even after everything, I still love him. My precious kitty.
Ace must of know that I'm upset about what had happened during Christmas for he lifted my chin and looked me in the eyes. He smiled and kissed me.
"Hey, it'll be ok. Trust me." Ace said softly with a warm smile. I smiled & nodded. I held onto his hand big, gently hand and followed him as he lead me outside. Well, I had to give him directions as we left outside.
It was cold and our breaths could be seen. The snow was still on the ground yet it was packed down from all the walking and such. I looked at everything in awe. It was just like what you would see at the shrine. Well, of course there is some stuff missing like the shrine and stuff but the feel and look was still there. They even had a stage where there was a band playing. Well, it was a group of gang members that were musicians were singing covers of songs. They were singing both in Japanese & English and they were actually really good.
I couldn't help myself, I started to walk around and look at all the booths. There were both and game and food booths and I was enjoying myself. Playing a lot of games & eating a lot of delicious food with Ace.
I was sitting out on a bench to eat a candy apple and many other sweets with Ace sitting next to me drinking a bottle of moonshine.
"Having fun?" Ace asked with a smile. I looked up at him with a smile and nodded. Still eating one half of my candy apple. The other half still uneaten. Ace then looked at it and asked,
"Can I have a taste?"
"Sure." Ace then lifted my hand & took out a bite. I blushed & felt my heart pound. He smiled and then said,
"That was good."
"U-Un." I nodded looking down at, my face red as I felt coy. Ace laughed and pulled out a pocket watch, checking the time.
"Hey, it's almost midnight. Lets go back to everyone." Ace said with a smile as he stood up from the bench and held out a hand with a smile. I put all the unopened candy & stuff into my satchel before grabbing Ace's hand with a smile.
He led me towards the front of the stage. We stood for a bit as the band played their last song for the night before the count down when suddenly Ace leaned down and whispered into my ear in German,
"Ichi leibe dich." I forgot what that meant. Well, I can never understand Ace when he speaks German. Haha. I need to learn German.
"Um. I didn't catch that, what did you say?" I asked with a embarrassed smile.
Ace laughed and then got now on one knee, placing a hand over where his heart is as that spot glowed a bright red and bowing his head, one hand behind his back. Making this look like a scene in a picture book when the knight had sworn his loyalty to the princess. To whom he had loved and fought for.
"Olivia, will you do me the honors of letting me be your forever as tonight I pledge my loyalty to you." Ace said humbly as he rose his head. He was smiling as he revealed what he was hiding behind his back. He pulled out a small black box that was opened to show the velvet inside as it held a ring with a diamond and little heart shaped rubies melted inside the gold band.
My body froze as I was shocked. The countdown started at ten seconds. Yet, I just looked down Ace with wide eyes that started to fill with tears. I smiled and just as I did, everyone cheered happy new years as the fireworks Daisy & Tamashii were lighting were set up. Couples started to kiss and I collapsed down on my knees, cupping Ace's face in my hands, kissing him. I was so happy, so overjoyed. I smiled into our kiss as tears fell down my face. When we pulled away, I smiled, my forehead pressed against Ace's as tears fell down my face. I then gave him my answer, whispering it,
"Yes."
Ace beamed as his eyes were brightened, his chest glowing brighter than before as he took my left hand and placed it on my ring finger. I looked at it beamed. Everyone who saw cheered and soon the news will spread like wild fire. Yet I didn't care. I was too happy to care about it.
I then jumped up and hugged Ace, making him fall back from his kneeling position & onto his butt. Ace laughed and me back, kissing me at the same time as the fireworks show still ran on. This year is a year full of promise and giving a new start, a new beginning that I can share with Ace. The one that I love the most.

**************************
Thank you for reading this bad, short chapter of mine. I am doing this late at time or early morning depending you perspective. Yea. I was working on this in 3-4 A.M. In the morning so I'm pretty tired. Anyway, thank you for your support and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are liking this story so far. I love all you fabulous readers. Again, thank your for everything. Well, until next time. Ja'ne!

Love
Kurosakisan