37

Rebecca's POV

The next day

-

I curled the last strand of my now purple hair and took my anxiety medicine.

I guess I failed to mention that I have horrible anxiety, and if I don't take my medicine. I get so anxious to the point where I throw up and I dwell in on everything. I can't do anything without freaking out, so when my prescription runs out, I'm in my room freaking out. So, I have to keep up on keeping it filled.

Also, I dyed my hair this morning. I've also noticed that every time a boy breaks my heart, I end up dyeing my hair a different color. When the guy who took my virginity broke my heart, my hair was my natural color of light brown, then I dyed it black after he hurt me. Then when TJ broke my heart, I dyed my hair blue and my hair stayed that way until Richard broke my heart, then I dyed it red and now it's purple.

Now, it's time to apologize to Richard. I still feel horrible about running out on him.

I grabbed my car keys and walked out of the apartment. I walked to my car. I unlocked it, got in, and started it.

The gas light and the check engine light came on.

I looked at my dash, I had a quarter of a mile until empty and my oil gauge said I was low on oil.

Weird. I must have a leak or something because I changed my oil a month ago.

I'll take it in on my next day off.

I drove down the main road until I got up to 7-Eleven. I stopped there and parked at the pump. I turned my car off and got out. I walked over to the gas cap thing and took it off. I grabbed the nozzle and put it in the hole.

I let it fill up until clicked, signally me that it was full.

I took the nozzle out and put it back. I got into my car, started it back up and drove to the front of the store, so I could go in and pay for gas.

When I parked, I got out and noticed a puppy sitting out by the door, panting really hard.

I walked over to it.

I let it sniff my hand and started loving on the puppy once it knew I wouldn't hurt it.

It was a female, red-nosed pit bull puppy, she was very skinny and could barely stand.

It's humid as hell and it's hot as hell, I'm not letting her suffer.

I picked her up, she yelped as soon as I picked her up, I moved my hand and saw that I accidentally touched a cut that was on her.

I examined her more closely, she was covered in wounds. The poor girl has been attacked more than a couple times.

Anyways, I carried her to my car and put her in the backseat.

I'll get her a cup of water and some food.

I don't know if Ryan-Ashley and Josh will allow another dog in the apartment, especially since they rent and the pet deposit isn't exactly cheap.

They have to pay like $250 for every pet they have.

I'd pay the deposit for this puppy, but since she's a puppy, she's probably not house broken and will probably tear a ton of shit up.

I put the puppy in the car and went into 7-Eleven. I went over to the drink fridge and got a bottle of water.

I then got a can of wet dog food and a bowl.

I went up the cash register, paid for gas and paid for those things.

I walked back out to my car and let her out. I poured the water into the bowl and stirred my finger around in it, so she knew she had water.