4.

Rebecca's POV

-

I just got done crying about Richard and I's argument. He texted me, asking me to not hang up on him and he keeps on calling. I'm just ignoring him. I question if he even loves me.

I guess I should call my best friend, Ryan-Ashley and let her know that I won't be staying with Richard while I'm there.

I told her that I would ask if I could stay with my boyfriend if he wanted me there and if he wanted to meet me. Obviously, he doesn't, so there's my answer.

I picked up my phone and ignored Richard, again. I called Ryan-Ashley. I waited for her to answer.

She picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Ryan..." I greeted, my voice hoarse from crying.

"Bec, were you crying? Did that boyfriend of yours make you cry again?" She asked. She doesn't like my boyfriend because he sounds 'suspicious'.

"Y-yeah. Richard and I got into another argument. He doesn't want to meet me while I'm in Pennsylvania" I told her.

"Dump him, Rebecca! He doesn't deserve you! Quit wasting your time on a guy who doesn't even want to see you!" She told me.

"I want to, Ryan! I really do! It's hard to just dump a man you've invested five and a half years of your life into" I told her.

"I know, Bec, but sometimes you need to break out of your comfort zone so you can be happy again" she stated.

"I know, Ryan..." I sighed.

"Well... Anyway... Josh has a guy he wants you to meet, this guy is in his band and you two are exactly alike. You both think alike and I think he'd be a better boyfriend than that douchebag that you're with now" she brought up.

"Ryan, I'm not even single and you're already trying to find me another boyfriend" I pointed out.

"Just doing what a best friend does" she chuckled.

"Ugh... I miss hanging out with you like we did when we were teenagers" I groaned.

"Same here, you need to move back to Pennsylvania" she said.

I moved to Virginia when I was nineteen to take care of my dad. He had brain cancer and was slowly dying. He died a year ago and I can't bring myself to move back to Pennsylvania. As much as I hate Norfolk, I can't bring myself to leave my dad. He's buried here and I feel like I'd be letting him down if I moved away.

I'll be letting him down just like I did when I chose my mom over him when I was ten after they divorced.

I also haven't seen my mom since I left. She lives in Scranton, so I'll be seeing her while I'm in Pennsylvania.

"I want to, but I can't bring myself to" I told her.

"I know, Rebecca, but your dad wouldn't want you to be miserable. He would want you to be happy" she replied.

"I'll try, Ryan" I told her.

"Good! Josh is home, I'll talk to you later kid, love you!" She said.

"Love you too Ryan!" I said before hanging up.

I need to break up with Richard and move from Virginia. Both will be extremely difficult things to bring myself to do.