33.

Rebecca's POV

The next day

-

Ricky went home shortly after we decided to be friends again.

After he went home, I cried myself to sleep. I'm still really sad that Ryan broke up with me.

I don't think we'll get back together, I don't deserve him. He deserves way better.

I opened my eyes, which was hard because my eyes were crusted over with dried up tears.

I looked over and grabbed by phone off of my nightstand and saw that I had a missed call and a text from Ryan.

Ryan

I really thought you
we're the one Bec. You
just had to go and break
my heart. I would've
stayed with you if it
weren't for the fact
that I have respect
for myself and won't
lower myself to dating
a woman that cheats.
I figured I'd text you
this bc our issues are
between only me and
you. Not me, you and
Rick. Now I know how
you felt when Rick lied
to you for all those years.
You two are made for
each other.

-

That text broke my heart more. I don't think I was even this hurt by Ricky.

I buried my face into the pillow and screamed as tears fell from my eyes yet again.

Why can't I ever be in a good relationship? It's always good until the end. I want to settle down, I'm twenty-five years old, most people my age are married, having kids and just have stability.

I always saw myself marrying Richard and having kids with him, but I guess not, since we've broken up and I can't date him again since I can't trust him.

Anyway, I hear somebody knocking on my door.

"Come in" I said, my voice raspy. The door opened.

It was Ryan-Ashley.

"What's wrong? I heard you crying" she asked.

"Ryan broke up with me" I said.

"How come?" She asked.

"Apparently I cheated on him with Richard at Josh's birthday party. I know, I don't deserve Ryan but it still hurts" I said.

"You'll find someone else, Bec. Just give it time" she assured me.

"Ricky and I are friends again" I said.

"What?! Even after he tore you and Ryan apart and lied to you?!" She asked in shock.

"He told me that he sat there wishing that Ryan and I would break up since the beginning and now that it's happened, it makes him feel bad because he'd rather be jealous of a guy that's dating me than watch me cry over a guy and that he only wants me to be happy" I told her.

"He ruined your relationship, Rebecca!" She said, almost sounding annoyed by me being friends with my ex-boyfriend.

"I had part in it too, Ryan-Ashley!" I said.

"Whatever! Be friends with that manipulative little fucker" she spat before walking out of my room.

I don't think Ryan-Ashley has ever been this mad at me.