53.

Rebecca's POV

seven months later

-

Today is the day that I get my wedding dress. Our wedding is set for Halloween. Which means that our big day is in a month.

I'm nervous as hell. I'm also excited but I'm afraid that Ricky will change after we get married.

Ryan-Ashley is my maid of honor, my sister, mom and Miranda are my bridesmaids. Chris is Ricky's best man and the others are Groomsmen.

Anyways, we're here at the wedding dress place. 

We walked in and got greeted by a cheery woman in her mid-forties.

"Hello ladies! Who's the lucky bride?" the woman asked. I awkwardly raised my hand. 

"What's your name hun?" she asked.

"Rebecca" I squeaked.

"Alright, Rebecca. What are the colors you want for your dress and your bridesmaids' dresses?" she asked.

"Dark grey for my dress, dark purple for their dresses" I told her. 

"Alright, let's get your measurements and then we can start looking for the perfect dress for your big day" she said. We followed her to the back.

-

We got all the measurements for the girls and I. Now we're looking for the right dress for me. I just want to get this done and over with because I hate looking for clothes.

Here we go...

-

Six dresses later and I still haven't found the perfect dress. All the dresses either make me look like a stick, too busty, or they're skin tight and make me look fat. I'm trying on my seventh dress, I hope this one looks good on me or otherwise I'm just gonna lose hope and go home. 

I walked out of the fitting room and out to the main area, where the lady, Ryan-Ashley, my sister and my mom were. 

"Darling, that dress looks great on you!" the lady said.

"Yeah, I agree with her, that dress looks great on you in all aspects" Ryan-Ashley said.

"What do you guys think?" I asked my mom and sister.

"Get it, it looks better than all the other dresses" my sister said. My mom remained silent.

"Mom?" I asked.

"I don't like it" she said. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It... isn't you... It isn't wedding friendly, it just doesn't look right" she said. 

"What do you mean it's not wedding friendly?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"Wedding dresses are supposed to be light in color, not almost black, if you get this dress, you'll be making a huge mistake" she said. I rolled my eyes. Of course mom is going to act all old fashioned and have something against the colors Ricky and I picked for the wedding. 

"Well, I'm not changing the colors, not while Ricky and I already have shit picked out for the wedding. Not while we're two months away from getting married. Do you like how it looks on me or not, look past the color and say 'yes' or 'no'" I said. 

"No, I don't like it. Why can't you just have a normal wedding?" she asked.

"Because I'm not normal" I said.

"Oh my lord, it's when you were fifteen all over again. 'This is really me mom! I'm not normal! Get off my case!'" she said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm twenty-seven years old and I still like dark stuff, get the fuck over it, I like the dress and everybody else likes the dress. Ricky will definitely like it. So I don't care anymore" I said. 

"Are we done here?" the lady asked. I nodded as we grabbed the dresses and went up to cash register. 

This didn't go very smoothly but it's finally done and I couldn't be happier...