12.

Rebecca's POV

That night

-

Finally seeing my mom for the first time in six years and I'm excited and nervous. I'm still pissed off and sad about Richard, though.

If he hadn't have lied to me, I could be at his place, doing... Stuff... More specifically, him. I would be doing him right now.

"We're here!" Ryan-Ashley announced, putting her car in park.

She turned off the car and took her key out of the ignition. We got out of the car and ran up to my mom's front door.

I rang the doorbell like six times before she yelled 'quit ringing the doorbell! I heard it the first time'

That's my mom, alright.

She answered the door and gave Ryan and I huge hugs.

"Hey girls! Come on in!" My mom greeted. Ryan-Ashley and I walked in and sat down on the couch in living room. Not a thing has changed since I moved out.

"So Becky, how's life out in Virginia? Have you met any special guys?" She asked.

"Life's okay out there, I'm thinking about moving back up here. I had a boyfriend all the way up until today" I replied, my voice cracking at the end.

"Why'd you two break up? How long were you with him?" She asked.

"He lied to me about his name, he refused to see me but he was ironically friends with Ryan's boyfriend, and I didn't know what he looked like, and he had the same tattoos as my boyfriend, so I went through his phone and sure enough, this guy was my boyfriend. We were together for five and a half years" I explained, almost in tears.

"Honey, don't cry, he's not worth crying over" she consoled me.

"It's hard, mom... I wasted five almost six years of my life on a man that was never truthful with me and wouldn't even show me his face. I should have listened to dad, he told me to break it off in the beginning and didn't!" I cried.

"It'll be alright, Becky. It wasn't meant to be, your father only said that to protect you and just to be protective of you, I'm sure he would be kicking this guy's ass right now" she told me.

"I know, mom... I feel so betrayed, I was- am in love with him" I sighed.

"Cry it out for a couple days and then we'll get you back on the dating scene" she suggested.

"Crying sounds good, but I don't want to date ever again" I told her.

"You'll find someone better than him, Bec. I would say give Ryan a chance but you two are polar opposites" Ryan Ashley replied.

"No. I'm done with dating, I'm just gonna buy like twenty cats and complain to them about my failed love life" I stated.

"The crazy cat lady approach isn't a good approach. Only time and crying will heal you" she said.

"Cats won't break my heart" I said.

"You're not getting twenty cats, Rebecca Jane" my mom said.

I could really go for a drink right now...