8.

Rebecca's POV

-

Finally, Ricky got up to go pee. Time to stalk him.

His phone sat on the arm of the couch. I grabbed it and turned on the screen.

Fuck. There's a password. If he's my Richard, it's either going to be his birthday or my birthday.

I typed his birthday into the password box.

0-9-0-1

Access denied.

Okay, it isn't his birthday, so it could be my birthday.

0-2-2-6

It let me in. His home screen was a picture of me. I went to his messages and saw that the most recent one was to somebody named 'Becca-Bear'. That's Richard's nickname for me...

I clicked on it. Those are the same texts that Richard sent to me.

Oh my god. This is my Richard.

I put his phone back.

Ricky came back out and sat back next to me.

I am beyond hurt and pissed right now. My own boyfriend knows what I look like and won't even talk to me or look at me.

I'm gonna get him to crack.

I'm gonna try to flirt with him or ask him questions, see if he'll talk.

"You have really pretty eyes, Ricky" I complimented, grabbing his callused hand. He ignored me and yanked his hand away. That hurts...

"Okay, so no thank you?" I asked. He continued to ignore me. I just want my boyfriend to love me!

I got out my phone and decided to text Richard.

Bec

Baby, are you ever
gonna call me back?

His phone began to buzz. I watched him panic, he got up quickly and moved to the other couch.

Way to not seem suspicious, Richard...

A few moments later, an unrecognizable male voice spoke.

"We're home and we have food!" The male voice said. A few seconds later, a male with drawn on eyebrows set a few bags of Burger King on the coffee table.

"Who's this hot chick?" A guy that was average height and skinny and had short, black, slicked back hair asked.

I watched Richard stare daggers at the guy and I blushed.

"Guys, this is Rebecca, Ryan-Ashley's friend. Rebecca, this is Ryan, Chris, Vinny, and Ghost or Devin" Josh introduced.

"Hi..." I stated awkwardly.

"Rick, why do you look pissed?" Chris asked. Ricky got up and walked out of the house.

"What's his issue?" Devin asked.

"I don't know, he's been rude and quiet ever since she came over" Ryan-Ashley said.

"I'm sorry" I said. Why am I apologizing about my boyfriend being an asshole?

"Don't be sorry, he should be the one saying sorry" Chris told me.

"So, Rebecca, where you from?" Ryan asked, taking a seat next to me.

"I'm from Scranton but I live in Virginia" I told him.

"What part?" He asked.

"Norfolk" I answered.

"You single?" He asked.

"Already trying to flirt I see?" I asked.

"She is not single but her boyfriend is an asshole and makes her cry! So flirt away!" Ryan-Ashley said. I rolled my eyes.

"How long have you been with that asshole?" He asked.

"Five and a half years, not sure how much longer it's gonna last though... So... If I move up here and I'm not with him anymore... You might have hope" I told him.

"You're moving back up here?" He asked.

"I'm gonna try. I have absolutely nothing in Virginia anymore besides my dad's grave and I want to be happy again" I told him.

"Where does your boyfriend live?" He asked.

"Here in Scranton, I wanted to go see him, but he doesn't want to see me. I'm hoping he changes his mind" I replied.

"You know he isn't going to, Bec" Ryan-Ashley said.

I sighed.

"I know..." I said.

"Why are you putting yourself under so much stress because of a guy?" Ryan asked.

"Because I love him" I stated.

"If he's making you cry and question your relationship, then he isn't worth it, Becca" he said. He's right, I guess...

-Ricky's POV-

Ryan called her hot. She's mine. Fuck. But they don't know that. Maybe storming out was uncalled for.

I'm such a fucking horrible boyfriend. I should just call Rebecca and meet up with her, break up with her their.

I'll tell her that I've lied to her and that she deserves better.

I hate how I've treated her, I get the greatest girl in the world and she gets the shittiest guy. It makes no sense.

I walked out to the side of the house and dialed her number.

I guess I'm really doing this...