45.

Rebecca's Pov

-

I'm going over to my mom's to give her the present I got her for Christmas but wasn't able to give to her because my brother was being an asshole.

I really miss Ricky, he's only been gone for two hours and I miss him like crazy.

Anyway, I'm at my mom's.

I got out of my car and carefully walked to her front door. I had her present in my hand.

I got to the front door and rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, John answered.

Oh my god... Why is he still here?

"Just give this to mom, tell her I'll call her later" I said.

"Aren't you going to come in?" He asked.

"Not while you're here" I said bluntly.

"Why not?" He asked, offended.

"You treated my boyfriend like shit. You really upset him by saying that he'd hurt his children if he had any" I said.

"He doesn't seem like a good guy, Rebecca. I'm trying to protect you" he claimed.

"He is a good guy. I wouldn't have been with him for so long if he wasn't a good guy. He's taken care of me for a really long time. No, we don't have plans on getting married, we don't want to get married for a while nor do we want children. This man was there for me when dad died, he'll do anything for me, he's a huge cat person and because he cares about me, he took in my dog, so she'd have a place to stay. He does nothing but give and give and give, so don't tell me that he seems like a bad guy because he has long hair, piercings and tattoos" I spat.

"I-I'm sorry" he said.

"You're forgiven, but if you want to be in my life, you have to accept that Ricky has been in my life for a long time and will continue to be in my life for a long time, as well. Ricky is the love of my life and if you can't handle that I'm in love with a guy who isn't normal then that's on you" I continued.

"Why him? Out of all people?" He asked.

"Because he has a great personality, if it makes you feel any better, I could be with the guy who got me pregnant before I moved down to Virginia, but he ran as soon as he found out I was pregnant" I said.

"What makes you think that Ricky won't leave if he gets you pregnant?" He asked.

"He told me that he doesn't want kids but if it were with me, he'd be fine because he loves me and he'd love the kid too" I told him.

"So basically, you guys don't want a future like that but if that happened, you'd fine with it?" He asked.

"Yeah, Ricky told me a couple hours after we had that conversation that since I can't just walk out of the pregnancy, he can't walk out either. So, if that happened, we'd have to be okay with it because, we can't and we won't back out of it. But we'll do what we can to avoid even having a kid because we aren't ready and we don't want any" I explained.

"You know mom wants at least one grandchild from you, she's afraid that by the time you want kids, you won't be able to have any" he told me.

"Typical mom, speaking of her, I need to give her my present, so please let me in" I said.

Of course the subject of children would be brought up...

Don't worry, I won't be having any if there's anything I can do to keep it from happening.

I hate to say it like this but at least my dad isn't around to scare Ricky off or ask the weird questions like 'when are you going to make an honest woman out of my daughter?' Or 'do you have any children with other women?'.

Both are equally uncomfortable and weird.

Family can be stressful at times, honestly.