The Billionaire I Fell For

Chapter 20

The wind started to get chilly so I rose up from my seat in the park and walked back to my dorm. I was so not looking forward to work in a few hours time feeling run over by a truck.

But work I must, thinking of plans of raising a baby by myself was going to difficult to achieve but if I had a support network I'd do fine, or so I hoped moving along the pathway head down not hearing a soul.

Once I arrived back to the higher education I studied at I moved down the corridor to my door finding Louis waiting for me a expression on his face I couldn't read yet. He saw me approaching the door and stood up straight if I was a person who had confidence I'd tell him to F**k off without feeling bad but I was Cookie Skye poor nerdy and ill at ease with men even married ones.

Nearing the door I stopped asking "what are you doing here?"

"Slumming are we Mr Wolf" I seethed?

Louis said nothing only his features showed how angry he was with something I couldn't tell.

"What did the nurse say" he got straight to the point and I held back the swear words brewing under my tongue, and said "oh I have a real bad case of flu because I haven't been eating for a few weeks properly because I'm to tired from work" I rambled on hoping he will believe the lies I told.

I saw him nod his head in agreement at what I said, "good I am glad that's all is wrong with you Cookie because I wouldn't want anything else to happen to my friends because of you."

Real nice and smooth I thought to myself feeling sick at his comment like I was a virus or a dirty rag Louis was hateful.

Yeah so am I glad I don't have to be around you horrible people I thought.

Pushing off from the wall he moved away getting the news he wanted from me even though they were little white lies if I decided to tell Sasha the secret I carried then I'll be the one and no one else as I pushed open the door letting myself inside a little shaky after speaking with Louis for a minute.

I closed the door then walking over to the fridge and grabbing an apple biting into the flesh and cobbling the fruit down in no time. I had just a few hours before work so a cat nap shall come in handy so I climbed on the bed snoozing until 5 pm.

***

The buzzer went off from the alarm clock on the table around 3 I turned sideways to glance at the time groaning low in my throat not wanting to leave the warmth and comfort of bed and sleep but work I had to for survival sake.

Sitting up I just sat for a while waking up rubbing the skin of my arms feeling a sudden chill hit me as the evening approached. Placing my feet on the floor I slowly rose up on moving forward to shower and freshen up a bit. Letting the water run over my body after I stepped in and turned the taps on I was just still numb after finding out I carried Sasha's baby shaking away those thoughts I continued to wash away the guilt I felt not getting in touch with Sasha and lying to Louis.

Turning the taps off I grabbed a towel wrapping the long material around me before I padded over to the usual clothing I wore a tight white T and red go go shorts I laid on the bed before I had a shower. Rubbing myself dry I slid on undies and a bra then pulled up the red shorts then the white T next. Grabbing a pair of white high heeled boots I zipped them up my thights before I brushed out the knots in my hair piling it on my head in a messy bun at the back. Lastly I grabbed a long black jacket and bag racing out to catch the bus out front of the uni to work.

Arriving at work just in time, I hung up the black coat ready for taking orders and serving the food. Astrid was already taking orders from customers a friendly smile on her face always.