The Billionaire I Fell For

Chapter 17

This job hunting was harder than I thought, going in for my interview a confident woman and coming out of the office a mess but I clung on every day.

In the mornings I took my classes taking notes about the law of Australia in a trance like state for the past three days.

Brushing back my bangs, I saw Louis scowl right at me down the front of the class shifting in my seat I became uncomfortable with his heated stare my way.

Again I thought what was this man's problem?

When the bell rang, I raced out for another interview. Fixing my hair and adding a blue jacket over my pale blue blouse and pencil skirt.

Walking outside, I put out my hand for a taxi that didn't stop for me, so I made my way to the bus stop in heels a bad idea.

Waiting seemed like ages for the bus to arrive to make the interview on time, glancing down at the gold watch wrapped around my wrist.

The wind picked up after a while before the bus came along and was I relieved stepping up the steel stairs paying the driver before I found a seat.

10 minutes later I arrived still 30 minutes early at the small building I hesitated going in because of all the rejections I received last week and this week.

After taking a minute to compose myself, I walked near the old building in Taylor street and pulled the door open feeling the warmth hit me as I moved inside.

Stepping over to the desk, I told the elderly woman I had an interview with Mr Pike.

Glancing up at me the woman told me to sit by the door and wait until I was called. I saw other women waiting to dressed to impress they also stared back at me when I sat down holding onto my breath.

One after the other went in for their interview so I played around with the mobile phone until I heard my name Cookie skye called. Smiling I stood up the last one interviewed and went inside his office.

"Ms Skye I presume" he said shaking my hand weak.

"Yes sir" I mumbled.

"So what brings you here Ms Skye" he glanced up behind his thick rimmed glasses?

"I need a job while I study Law at Uni" I responded back.

"A uni student are you" he smiled?

"Yes I am Mr Pike."

"What Uni" he asked sitting back in his chair staring at me?

"Sydney Uni" I told him.

He stopped asking me questions looking down at my resume now in his hands. The silence killed me and the hopes I had about this job.

"You have very good work ethic Ms Skye, but unfortunately our position has been filled by another applicant."

"Oh" was all I said finally defeated.

"Thank you for the time Mr Pike" I mumbled back rising from the chair in his office.

"I am really sorry Ms Skye, maybe you should try for a job with Mr Hunter" he expressed and I stood still my hand on the door knob stilled, Mr Hunter anger blowing inside of me.

Was he the reason I couldn't find a job?

Did he tell all bosses to not hire Cookie skye I could feel the hurt build up inside as I stepped outside.

Walking slowly to the bus stop the sky decided to let the rain fall down pouring cats and dogs and without an umbrella I looked a drowned rat!

I was cold waiting for the next bus for over an hour. By now I felt chilled to the bone climbing the stairs weaker than I had ever been. Taking a seat I closed my eyes defeated not wanting to go back home to live with mum and dad.