Ch. 52

[Ben's POV]
"We are back!" I hear Elizabeth's cheerful voice echo though the house. Lets see if they caught anything.
I walk down to the kitchen to find Habit carrying a few rabbits and young fawn, while Liz is trying to drag a buck nearly bigger than her. He's having a hard time trying to move it and I chuckle, alerting her of my presence.
"She shot that all by herself." Habit sets down his game and picks up hers for her.
"Awe, I could have done it!" She smiles, obviously to proud of herself to care who holds it. She runs behind me to Masky.
"Look at that! Did Habit teach you how to shoot?" He messes up her hair a bit before deciding that she's moving around to much to continue.
"Yea! It was awesome, we totally killed it. He gave me a gun and he taught me how to shoot it, and he killed some rabbits, and when I shot the buck he shot the fawn. The doe got away but that's alright!" She hops around, but it looks like she's favorite her right leg.
"Hey, are you alright?"
"What? Yea! That was so fun!"
"You sure?"
"Why do you care? I'm fine." She stops bouncing to look at me. "Why would I be anything other then ecstatic?"
"You just seem... Off."
"You seem off." She sticks her tongue out. To prove my point I tap her left ankle with my foot. She shakes it off with a barely audible hiss. Masky looks like he's catching on to what I'm getting at.
"You know what you need to do?" He asks.
"Something to do? What?"
"We should give you a routine exam from Nurse ANN."
"I never did- ooh yea." I catch on to what Masky is thinking.
"Cool. After that can I get something to eat? I'm hungry."
"Sure." Masky starts leading both of us to ANN's room.
"Oh shit. You know what sounds killer? Besides you guys that is. A steak. Hell yea." She pads next to us, still leaning slightly on her right.
"Are you going to watch those tapes? Cause if not, I think everyone is watching horror films tonight."
"Of course you are," she laughs, "I'm not. There are so many and I do not have the patience for any of that. Besides, what's the worst that could be on them? I think I'll be like Alex and burn them if there isn't another reason for them." She shrugs.
"We'll here we are. I'm sure ANN is free, but we should knock first." Masky does, and the door opens slightly almost seconds after.
"Yes?" She asks.
"Could you give Elizabeth a physical?"
"Yes." She says slowly. "Is there any particular reason?"
"No, just regulation." Masky stresses regulation.
"Alright then, come in." The door opens and Elizabeth cocks her head towards ANN. "Is something wrong child?" ANN asks.
"No. I just like you figure. Not to hourglass, not to straight. May I?" Liz holds up her hand, implying that she wants to touch the older female. After a few moments of hesitation ANN replies.
"I would rather you not."
"Ok." Liz shrugs.
"You are strange. Sit right here. Does anything hurt?" Elizabeth hops on a rather large desk.
"Nope."
"Spin your wrists please." Elizabeth does. "Bend your elbows." Again she follows directions. "Shoulders... Knees... Ankles?" I specifically look at her left ankle as she spins it counter clockwise. It's a little slower then her right, and it looks like she grabs the edge of the desk a bit more.
"Is that what you wanted?" ANN looks at Masky. "She's fine. She probably tripped." I look to Liz for confirmation. She shrugs.
"Probably those stupid holes Alex burned the tapes in. I tripped in one of those." She shrugs again.
"Why didn't you tell me that's what it was sweetie?" Masky coos.
"Cause I'm fine." She jumps when ANN touches her, making sure there's nothing else wrong.
"We can work on that." I laugh lightly.
"I don't think there's any swelling, so just be careful. Other then that you look like you should sleep."
"That is something I can do."
"Good. Now if you would get out..." We all wave goodbye and head back to the kitchen.

Don't Stay, Don't Go (Ben Drowned Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara